Agnostic.com

12 4

Keurig coffee?

This is a great pet-peeve of mine. Where do you fall?

• 3 votes
  • 31 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 2 votes
Akfishlady 8 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hadn't heard of the brand, but we have various different types over here - all too often, it's the only coffee-making equipment in hotel rooms and reception are often surprised when I ask for a kettle and some normal coffee instead. I don't like the wastefulness and the coffee isn't that great anyway.

Jnei Level 8 July 27, 2018

I use it daily since I live alone, but I have a refillable K-cup and grind my own beans, so there is no single-use plastic waste. You need additional choices in your poll. 😉.

Second the motion, all in favor?

@Akfishlady Derrr missed it my bad.

I never use a keurig.

You are not missing much.

Not interested. On occasion I will have Keurig, if I'm staying somewhere away from home and that's all my host has. But I prefer fresh ground beans, and a single-cup dripper.

They seem to have responded with a more ecological refillable cup so there isn't the environmental waste. I'm not keen because I prefer to choose the strength and blend of my coffee but I can see uses for it. My hairdresser uses one. It's more economical for her since only one client a day may want a cup, so a pot would be wasteful. Ditto some of my client's offices.

Lauren Level 8 July 27, 2018

No vote but I drink coffee and eat coffee... I even have my own filter cup if I don't like the blend, I travel with mine...
I will consume anything but covfefe. I don't want to be orange.

K-cup is derpfest for "EVIL".

Qualia Level 8 July 27, 2018

The only system that makes coffee to my tastes is a French press.

JimG Level 8 July 27, 2018

French press girl, all the way! It's the best that my coffee has tasted yet!

I bought one and my daughter is taking it. She asked what if a friend comes over and I just have my cone filter. I told her I would make the friend's coffee first and then mine.

@Akfishlady I don't find it better than the cone and cleanup is longer. I still think the drip method through coned stainless filters is the simplest and less stuff to have, don't even buy filters

@Akfishlady I like strong coffee. Yes the French press can be a pain, and mine is a one cup at time process, but I bought it for a camping trip and now use it exclusively.

You can still compost the grounds.

@Akfishlady yes i do that in the summer to have iced coffee for the morning.

Eh. I found it pretty convenient to brew myself 1 cup of coffee per day with the refillable basket when I was living with my ex. Now current bf and I brew a pot with a traditional carafe and drink most of it, wasting maybe a little bit most days.

Seems like a nice idea for dentists' offices and such, where you can pick coffee, tea, cider, etc. and help yourself. But the waste is evil and needs to go. If that means we need to have less convenience and choices, fine. We need to think about what kind of planet we're leaving for Keith Richards...

Too expensive, troublesome, and inconvenient (despite the commercials). It is wasteful, but it's a fad. It will go the way of platform shoes soon.

I don't understand the need. My Senseo (older than K) makes a much better tasting single cup without landfill waste. It's STILL my go to when in a hurry for a cup.

Zster Level 8 July 27, 2018

I hate them. My kids got me one as a gift for themselves. When the last one left I gave it away. I used a reuseable cup to drink organic coffee i buy. I like the glass cone with mesh stainless filter that fits over my cup. I am down to one a day most days.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:141030
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.