• 56 votes
  • 57 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 11 votes
  • 19 votes
PeppermintDreads 7 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a few pet peeves as well.

Boxer, shepherd mix.

Well it was not on there but I to the core love fresh water fish and all involved in the world in and around fresh water! I love aquariums!!

I’m currently at 2 dogs and 1 cat. The dogs are named Sagan and Neko. The cat is named Portland.

Dog. 75% Siberian Husky mixed with equal parts Alaskan Malamute and White Swiss Shepherd. Her name is Tess and she's awesome.

3 cats. Wouldn't mind a fish tank at some point.

This girl.

None. I've had all except for exotic, but my daughter had two boas. Now that it's just me, I'm letting my allergies rule and I've cleared the house out.

My wife is an occupational therapist and we have a small farm. Animal therapy can be a part of occupational therapy. We do petting zoos for nursing homes and fund raisers for free. Llamas, alpacas, pigs, goats, sheep, miniature horses, mules, dogs, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits etc. We call it ladeauzoo.
The best story we have is I met a lady that does hospice. She told me she was with a lady that said her best day there was when a lady brought in a baby goat. After a few questions I knew it was my wife. This lady was dying and the best thing that happened to here was something we did!
I brag, but pets can a do make a difference in people's lives, even when they are actively dying.

2 cats,1 dog. Both are supposedly my children’s but guess who takes care of them most of the time? Yep, I fell for that. 3 times.

The best dog in the world: Calamity Jane.

We have five greyhounds. Usually that is pretty awesome, however.... we just moved to New Jersey and are in an apartment until we purchase our next house.

No fence or doggy door means 30-40 walks per day between them all. Getting our new place can't happen soon enough. Plus, it's been rather chilly in New Jersey since we got here about New Years. Arctic you might say.

I would love to have a cat and a dog....but pets are not allowed where I live.

For the moment, technically, none. Though.. As I arrived home today the neighborhood dog shown up… So, do I bake my pizza and relax, or take her for a walk? We walked 🙂

Varn Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

I got dogs and fish

Here's mine!

As a child I used to have 2 cats, 2 budgies, 2 rabbits, 1 guinea pig and a mouse. I love animals, though at the moment, I live in an apartment where I believe it wouldn't be good to have animals and I travel a lot. If I ever get that house with the big backyard I will get myself some fur babies. In the mean time I will just be jealous of and love everyone else's 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Jan 10, 2018

I have a black and white kitty, his name is Felix.

And a pond with freshwater fish and a tropical marine aquarium with fish who are over 21 years old.The book says they don't live that long in the wild.

My cat has an interesting history: He was born feral in Arizona, but his mother wasn't. So she took him and his siblings to a human house. He still has scars on his back from when he came off worst in an interview with a bobcat. My former neighbour was in IT and travelled. They took him back to Paris France (I have all his documents). He has seen vets in America, France and Germany and now in the UK.

But he doesn't like human kids and he needs a lot of attention. So, when they had their second sprog, he wouldn't go indoors.

At first he would just come around for attention - then for food - then to sleep. Then he objected when I put him out at night.

Then my neighbour said "We can see what is happening. Would you like to have him?"

Sacha - say something for the people on here!!!

ONLY TIME HE DOESN'T TREAD ON THE KEYBOARD!

6 Pet Rats and a Chiweenie dog.

MoniB Level 6 Jan 10, 2018

Rats are the best!! They're illegal here as pets. :'(

That is very sad. To me they are like tiny dogs. My dog sleeps on my lap and rats sleep on my shoulder.

Morty and Zoey, brother and sister. Morty looks like a Maine Coon, but can't be entirely cuz Zoey looks like an ordinary tiger. Children? yikes

godef Level 7 Jan 10, 2018

Two cats. Spooky was the first, inherited from my oldest daughter. And Hitch, my boy, the lord of the manor, and yes, named after Christopher Hitchens.

I have always had cats. My last old cat died November 2016. I had some work done on my house starting in December, then my contractor/worker bee (also son in law) got distracted and completion was delayed. His wife (my daughter) had a baby. When the work was finally completed Feb. 2017 I got Xena. A couple of months ago I got a second cat that turned out to be uber cat aggressive. And then she scratched the grandbaby, so she had to go back. Saturday I brought home a new kitten. Although Xena is mostly pissed still, they can at least be within 2 feet of each other without blood. So I have Xena and Zelda. i have three human children, ages 33, 29, and 25, the youngest has a year old baby, and the oldest is expecting. We had a golden retriever when the children were younger, best dog ever. He was the son I will never give birth to.

I love animals and if I had my way I would have a house full of everything. I do have fish that was not on the list. my absolute passion are birds. I would love to have an Amazon or an African grey. I watch YouTube videos of people and their birds for hours on end. I don't know if I'll ever get one because I'm sort of against owning Exotics. Birds are wild animals they're not domesticated,

None. Interesting that you didn't include "None" as an option.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14145
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.