Agnostic.com

17 5

Just a thought...

If sinners are forgiven according to Christianity...then why is there a HELL?

MariaG 3 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For those who die before the forgiving take place.

Do you need to be forgiven for living?

@Betty Hope not. I been living without a forgiven pass.

@GipsyOfNewSpain

Living life without intentionally doing harm needs no forgiveness. 🙂

@Betty That is how I see it too Boo.... I am clean then.

@GipsyOfNewSpain

Oh! What a relief. 😛

Yeah, I remember when I was first having babies, a friend lost her baby and was told by some wackjob that her baby would go to hell because it died before it could be baptized. That wackjob should have been drawn and quartered, what needless torment to do to a vulnerable person.

What an asshole!

For lawyers, politicians and all the clergy.

Betty Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

I like my lawyer lol

@Piece2YourPuzzle

😀

To burn all the people who don't agree with them. Murder and rape your whole life, but accept Jesus as your personal saviour on your death bed, go to heaven. Live a kind and good life, but don't believe what can not be proven, face torture for eternity.

And warm weather

The whole of christianity is a mass of contradictions. That's just another of them.

Ain't that the truth

Because some people don't ask for forgiveness, or their sin is so overwhelming that they cannot be forgiven, depending on which teaching you look at. For catholics there are mortal sins and venial sins. For Protestants the ultimate sin is to blaspheme God. Don't remember which is which or what the details are anymore.

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

For those that don't accept Jesus Christ as their savior. He's narcissistic like that lol

You can reek all the havoc your heart desires, as long as you love him.

I guess it is supposed to be incentive to confess sins and seek absolution. All confession does is make a person feel like what they did wasn't really all tht bad and make a person feel like a good person even if they sin all the time and are really nasty little shits.

Thou shall not kill...
Initiating Program... Flood 40/40
Oops, my bad...

IT'S all a load of bull so why care..

Because people aren't comfortable that everyone dies but they don't like everyone around them. So heaven, hell, purgatory... Hades, it wasn't always good/bad just where the dead is. Also if you don't sin Jesus died for nothing.

Just like all the other contradictions in the bible.

Beats me

WHY would you reject one part of the BS and continue to worry about another aspect of it?!

They think HELL is for everyone who doesn't drink their Koolade.

It's my understanding that God would forgive a person who ends up repenting for their sins, but Hell would be for those who don't repent, and refuse to acknowledge what they did was wrong.

For my own personal understanding of a heaven and hell, it would be simply natural consequences. When I acknowledge a wrong I've done, I no longer feel the guilt (hell) eating at me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.