Agnostic.com

35 2

Who gets your vote for the best TV father?

You can choose from current TV fathers or from ones from the past. Some front runners might include Jim Anderson (Robert Young) from "Father Knows Best", Charles Ingalls (Michael Landon) from "Little House on the Prairie", and Dr. Alex Stone (Carl Betz) from "The Donna Reed Show".

RobLawrence 7 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Father Ted.

🙂

The hippie father on Family Ties.

Jinx! We voted for the same dad at the same time.

Steven Keaton from "Family Ties"

dkp93 Level 8 July 28, 2018

Darth Vader...he was strong on discipline..but he came round in the end. ?

Howard Cunningham

I'm skipping TV and choosing Atticus Finch. lol

@RobLawrence The sequel is dead to me.

Gomez Addams. Fight me.

That's what I was going to say

Frank Gallagher of course

I wasn't big on TV Dads, but Mr. Rogers was my father figure. He got me through some tough times.

I can't pick just one. Here's 5 that I can think of off the top of my head.

• Howard Cunningham
  • Carl Winslow
  • Danny Tanner
  • Mike Brady
  • Cliff Huxtable

Jack Pearson (Actor - Milo Ventimiglia) from "This is Us"

Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam).

Jack Pearson (Actor - Milo Ventimiglia) from "This is Us"

Ozzy Osbourne!

LOL right? his love for his family does show through his eccentricities...

Andy Taylor

Mulcahey.

Gotta go with Homer Simpson...D'oh!!

Red from That 70's Show!

Hal Wilkerson

Steve Douglas (Fred MacMurray) in "My Three Sons." Can't remember the guy ever getting really mad and raised three pretty good sons.

lerlo Level 8 July 28, 2018

@RobLawrence Had some good wisdom for the boys and his kids liked him. 🙂

Blake Carrington would have been great to have as a dad....or J.R. "Jock" Ewing, Sr. or Chase Gioberti.
I would have settled for Philip Drummond or Philip Banks too.

Dan Conner. He put up with Roseanne!

but ended up with a runaway teenage daughter, a pregnant teenage daughter....and cheated on Roseanne in the original series....and sure didn't care about his health to any degree....and not the smartest light on the tree or the most ambitious. Honestly, his only good quality was his sense of humor. He was NOT a good dad.

@SkotlandSkye True. Though he was the most real.

Mr. Gru from Despicable me

LOL not a bad choice! hahaha

I think with the reality of the time, Archie Bunker, because people actually related with him and his opinionated personality more than you think.

Archie was very funny, but I didn't like how he was unkind towards his daughter's polish-jewish boyfriend.

@DZhukovin you mean 'Meathead' ?

His daughter disagreed with almost all of his beliefs and he despised her husband....best father because? But I agree that racists abound in the U.S., people actually relate to the current president too.

Hugh Beaumont or Fred MacMurray

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:142120
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.