Agnostic.com

30 35

This isn't really a question. It is more so a comment. I don't want to sound like a buttkisser, but I am rather pleased with this site. I mean, they charge us nothing to be here, I am meeting some of the coolest, most open minded conversationalists, likeminded sorts, and although I notice they are having a few techincal kinks in the process of stabalizing this site, aren't we lucky to have stumbled upon this place? I can overlook the loss of emails and of the hiccups in exchange for having a forum where I can go and converse with some top notche minds. Am I alone in this assertation, friends? I am happy to have found this site where some awesome peeps are congregating. It has been far too many years since I have found any stie on line that produces this amount of Amazing minds to mingle amongst.

Sadoi 7 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wanted to cut and paste a message I sent to another new friend of mine here in regards to his annoyance over the multiple, duplicate posting snafu currently afoot here. I mean, I see it like this too:

"It WAS losing all the emails before. I was having conversation with a friend of mine here and all of our messages were disappearing, and right before our eyes. the email message would be there, then vanished within a couple of minutes. I was initially annoyed, but then I realized this Is a new site and they seem to be Trying to get it together. So in that, im giving them some slack. Plus, this site has gathered together some of the COOLEST people ive had to converse with in a looong, loong time so I credit them for that too. They are trying to set up a pretty good place for us here, Right @Admin? So far, I Love this place though. I cannot complain. Yeah, it sucks to lose messages and I was frustrated, both of us were, my friend and I, but, like I said, I can overlook it for now in the knowledge that they are working to try to stabalize everything and the quality of people/convo here, it is outstanding. They're clearly doing Something Right if they can attract all of us Highly Intelligent and Diverse people into one site, right? We only see the surface level of what it takes to run a site like this. We float upon the surface of all the technological necessities and science behind the scenes that keep a site up and running. I am sure there is much to the underbelly to keep this going. And they Dont Charge Us to be members. That is another thing I give them credit for. I mean, overall, arent the benefits of having some cool people to chat with outweighing the initial hiccups they are attempting to smooth out?"

Let us be merciful while the site admin attempts to solidify this site, right?

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 10, 2018

Love this site too PS I sent you a msg

@Hellbent Good to hear the support exists!

@273kelvin Okay. thank you! i will get to it as soon as i can get the 100 plus alerts i came home to responded to. I usually do alerts, then i get to emails. I couldnt believe how many alerts I had though. I thought it must have been a glitch, but alas, it was not.

In a way, I kind of appreciate the hiccups - it shows there's an actual human behind it, rather than a vast and faceless megacorps. Although the site has grown a lot even in the few days since I found it, I hope it'll remain relatively small: it's like the difference between a cosy little independent pub compared to some massive rowdy bar.

I haven't known any online space to be quite this friendly since the 1990s before the internet became ubiquitous and chatrooms were in their infancy, so you could get to know and become friends with people from all over the world.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

OMG you took the words right out of my mouth, so to speak! Yes, it wasnt since i used to go to this site called The-Park that i found a community like this and that was way back in the 1990s too. And i agree about the size. I am starting to get familiar with a number of the same people i see around here commenting on the same things. It is a nice feeling. It is like a cafe or a pub compared to like... GILLYS in Texas! haha! And so far, Ive not met one asshole here! That, to me, speaks Volumes!

I love this site as well. I find myself logging on more and more each day to see new comments. It's great to be "around" other like minded people.

I couldnt agree with you more! It has become a daily habit for me too! Im always checking in to see whats going on and i so enjoy the conversation and all the like minded people. Ive actually found a couple of ppl here that are just... insanely in tune with me too and im looking forward to seeing how these friendships evolve. I wouldnt mind meeting a number of people ive met here, in person, too. 🙂

Totally agree. At first I thought I was signing up for a dating site, but this is even better. It feels like a social event (open 24 hours--awesome) where you can pop in and eavesdrop on a conversation and join in (if well versed on the topic) or continue on to the next chat area. I'm looking forward to making new friends!!! (And I don't think you sound like a buttkisser.) Welcome to the community.

Nena Level 6 Jan 10, 2018

Exactly!!! I feel the same! Doesnt matter what the hour, you can always find someone WORTH chatting with here, unlike most other sites where you are lucky to find a mere handful of worthy chat mates. I love the diversity here and the fact that we all still generally have similar ideals and philosophies. That makes a huge difference because i tend to think people like us, we are just more level headed and well behaved when it comes to socialization. I have yet to meet a single person here that I didn't enjoy speaking with. Now that, THAT is nearly a miracle! haha! I am excited to see how the friendships I have already begun, come to develope. I would be up for meeting a number of ppl ive met here, in person, too. I really love it. Thank you for the welcome too! My name is Ari, Nena. Nice to meet you too and hopefully I see you around the fishbowl again. 😉

Yep. It seems like things are just getting better.

I agree! I love it here! And hey, you are one of the cool cats I chat with too. Im enjoying the convos you and I have had as of late. You are a fun person to converse with. 🙂

@Sadoi never been acused of being a "cool cat" before 🙂 Apparently, atheism is doin' it for me.

@BackToReality better than being accused to being a backalley tom cat! hahaha!! You wear your "atheism" well! 😉

Yup! This place is awesome! And the people I've met here... phenomenal.

Duke Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

Agreed! I have met some... AMAZING people here and ive only been around since Christmas Eve. I met someone who is so similar to me that I have to pinch myself because he keeps blowing my mind and freaking me out at the same time, but it only goes to further my resolve that this place is certainly simpatico. Im sold! haha

I said it before...this is a great site ...great topics and great people

Hear hear! Agreed and I am becoming more and more addicted! I am on fb faar less now. Ooh agnostic.com is stealing FB kids from the FB playground with their Better blend of candy! haha 🙂

Totally agree with you. We have some awesome people here. We welcome you and other freethinkers out there.

I have seen you around since day one. I always appreciate your comments. You are usually thoughtful and you get to your point pretty clearly. I appreciate that too! I look foward to seeing you around more often too, miss sassy! 😉

I like it on here more than Facebook. I have 42 friends on Facebook. They all ignore me. I want to deactivate it, but I have a family friend on there that does comment. She's the only one that notices I'm on Facebook. Half of the others are atheists I don't know. Or some old friends. On this site, I at least get more comments and more likes than Facebook ever gave me in 2 years.

Good for you! Facebook isnt always the best place to be. And hey, with an alternative like this, why bother with FB if it isnt panning out the way you'd like it. Bear in mind, FB is usually polluted with a bunch of bullshit minutia anyway and here, we have some extremely varied and legit conversations and topics constantly going. There is always someone to chat with here and its always civil and engaging and refreshing. I really miss this about old school chat in the 90s, before it became so vacuous and stupid. Everyone I have encountered here has been Extremely Cool! I havent found a blend like this in forever so i am pleased as punch with having found it. I thought it was a dating site too and i was like, "ugh dating... can't it be a mixture of chill space and dating so i can just take the chill space instead?" hahaha!! And actually, IT IS more like a chill space to come and mingle and have good conversations. Man i am sold! Perhaps I will see you around on the site. 😉 You can always hit my posts up and I ALWAYS Respond. 🙂

I found a theist on here. He's saying I'm STUPID for not believing in god. Says coffee turning boiling in his cup, is god doing it. He needs medication, it sounds like. Level 3 on here.

@Sarahroo29 OMG! I MET HIM TOO!! I have a post up here regarding the sudden passing of one of my friends. IF you scroll through it, you will SEE him in action on My Page too!! Whaat?? he is making his rounds, isnt he?!! omg! Ignore him. CLose his God Shop down by giving him the Silent Wall!

@Sarahroo29 Yeah hes Level 3 Okay! Level 3 IQ POINTS!! hahaha

@Sadoi Sorry, wrong name. Idk his name. He's hiding.

@Sarahroo29 I've met him. I think he must have tried too many hard drugs and fried his brain since, apparently, he hears the voice of God, too, And I guess he believe God is indecisive about whether he takes his coffee hot or warm or hot hot warm warm. To be honest, we should all probably steer clear of sir fruitcake.

Agreed. Public forums are seldom this friendly... this is the best so far for me, and I'm online LOTS... back in the old days with Fidonet (bulletin board dial-up network), then Newsnet, then scads of forums. Now this. Awesome.

HAH! Yeah, me too! That was how it was for me. I was on netscape going to a place called The-Park. There were all sorts of rooms, but I was well known in two rooms in particular: The Philosophy Room and The Poetry Room. Loved both, met MANY GREAT Friends whom I still know today! Real, legit friends and we still get together whenever we can and we all met up back in the 90s doing that. I met about 45 ppl from those two chat rooms and i STILL Talk to them. That stuff, albeit at the time, i didnt realize how rare it was and here i am today, finding this site... its flavor is so similar to the old days. I am sold!

I just started with this site so I have yet to encounter these technical difficulties, but I like it so far. It is nice to find like minded people. I live in south Louisiana so finding someone who is not religious and trying to convert me is hard to come by.

Well Helllooo there and WELCOME!!! I have only been here since Christmas Eve and I am Already addicted! Just jump on in there and start chatting! Everyone, and I mean that literally, is awesome here! It doesn't take that long to become an integrated part of this site and it is wonderful to have such an array of brilliant minds to pick at! I look foward to chatting you up around here too so don't be shy! Feel free to mix and mingle. You will find you are welcomed with open arms. 🙂

Thank you, and I look forward to some stimulating conversations.

Hope they don't use the old drug dealers trick of getting us hooked and then say, now you have to pay $500 bucks a year to stay here.... What!? Noooo!?.... I'm joking I'm joking... I'm as grateful and delighted to find and use this site as everybody else. This won't interest you much but I read references to Facebook users, or ex users, and so on, and the truth is I have never used FB, I don't do Twitter, or other social media. I'm very technological and watch the impact of these media, but I don't do them. It's never been my thing. Nor chat sites, or anything similar. So to connect with this site, and the community, is really exceptional for me. It fills a gap that I hadn't realised I really wanted: reaching a group of non believers, to use a general term, and exchange about all manner of subjects. I'm really grateful for that. I try to be as tolerant as possible, even if people have very different views. If they really have those views, then I respect that, and take the issues on point. The only posters I have a problem with, and it's a small number, are those who post provocative things, whether they believe them or not, just to get a rise out of the group. Trolling, I guess. It's just pointless. Anyway, I just wanted to add these points.

Thank you for that well thought out response. I have met a few people whom, like you, do not dabble in the social media fonts. I only use FB. I have created other accounts at times when I gave in to "peer pressure" and family as well since I reside thousands of miles away from my next blood kin. However, I used them a few times sporadically, then i would drop them, then get pressured to try again, try again, then drop them once more. In the end, the only one I generally use is FB. I did use Myspace waay back in the day, but thats about it. I am not technologically versed, but not for lack of ability to understand and more so a lack of interest. (chuckle) Like you, I have yearned for something of this type, but alas, out there on the information highway, it is difficult to find true substance in many sites due to the, sorry to be blunt, VAST majority of utter dumbasses that use those very same venues. I could careless about celeb this and celeb that. I could careless about ALL of twitter. I find those dumbed down responses about as interesting has being covered in dung. More like disgusted. I detest how twitter takes a nation of stupidity and expounds upon it. In that, I am overwhelmingly grateful to have stumbled upon A.com. Funny thing is, I found it ON Facebook! hahaha! Oh the irony! FB better watch out because it seems they may soon begin losing their most intelligent top 2%. We are All jumping ship... and swimming for the shores of A.com!! I am pleased to meet you, Welcome and, by all means, Join in and have some fun! Everyone here is awesome! I have witnessed one... unravelling ball of stupidity the other night, but other than that chump, all has been serene and peaceful here, for me. 😉 I look forward to crossing paths with you again, sir.

I agree, and it looks like everyday we are getting a lot of new additions to our group.
Glad you are here !

Thank you Buddha! I have seen you around since day one, too and I love your insight. You are one of my favorite commenters here, in the case you didnt know that. I enjoy reading what you have to say. You are a very insightful cat! Appreciate you! 🙂

@Sadoi thank you, you are making me blush lol

@Buddha aww well, it is All Truth, sir! All Truth! And i stand by it! 😉

I feel the same

I enjoy your comments too. I have kept track of them as I run into you from thread to thread. You are an insightful person. I look forward to reading more of your words in the future too. I appreciate it! 🙂

I concur

i concur your concur too! haha

Atheist sites particularly Facebook type seem to have a culture of poke fun at theist and run. Not to my taste, I was in fact a fundamentalist whacko, it's just not nice or productive. Other atheist sites are very issue oriented and or political. On this site there are deep conversations and just people that pop in to say hello, I'm trying to get used to that. I was wondering last night, what do I tell my wife that I'm on a social site? A dating site as it is a portion of its content. I am really curious where this site is going. What I do like is I think the future will be determined by its users.

Yes and thankfully us USERS are all pretty in synch. I agree, i stopped FB almost all togther. My fb friends are like, "Ari! Where the hell are you?" and i don't want to spoil my goldmine so i won't tell them where I am going, just that Ive been doing "other things" on line. hee hee hee!! I agree with you regarding other atheist sites. Too political. But here, its like going to your favorite cafe, pulling up a chair and meeting with your friends. Wait! Wait! I KNOW what its like here! CHEERS! THIS IS CHEERS! where everybody knows your name! and you always have a friend! hahaha!!

Well Said... this is the place.

Indeed it is my good man! And you, I really enjoy my conversations with you. You ARE one of the people I speak of when I say Ive met a handful of people here I've actually become pretty tight friends with and whom I wouldnt mind meeting some time in the future if all pans out well. You are one of close buddies here, you know. I always say, you are my Most Dapperest of Dapper Gent Friends! I appreciate your Old School Flavor too, my friend! 🙂

@Sadoi You gonna make me cry, but for the right reasons... thank you much my buddy. That is what this site is all about. And will get better.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I agree! And i Am fond of you! you know this 😉

@Sadoi Thank You like always.

Seconded!

Motion passes: smooch away!

Thirded! is that even a word? haha! totally agreed!!! I love this place! looove it! i hope to someday build upon the friendships ive already begun here because id truly like to meet a few people Ive been conversing with thus far. I really, truly love this place.

@Sadoi Fourthed? English language expanding. Shakespeare must be rolling right about now.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Shakespeare would string us up by arm legs and beat us like the Grammer destroyers we are!! Haha but it's no worse than what the youth of this day and age are doing to butcher the English language! My cousin and her friends, I noticed recently, no longer type the word "and.". Instead they type "ND" in all caps. It baffles me. We are turning into Idiocracy!

@Sadoi texting lingo LMAO, too lazy to type. I forgot to ask you, your painting in the brick wall is your work or somebody else? Because it did captured you in all your presence and beauty.

to yo motha! 😉

I'm with you! Very happy I've discovered this site. Have found some wonderful people and received some amazing help. Still haven't got a date but trying to decide if I am ready for that anyway.

You've got it in one! I'm very glad to have found this site & the people here!

I can't argue with that.

i can't argue most times! haha

So I wonder, whos gonna be the FIRST couple to get engaged from Agnostic.com! hahaha!!! It is still supposedly a dating site. Who is it gonna be... ooh la la!! haha Im gonna be watching with my eyes peeled! 😉 Anyone been bit by the agnostic.com LOVE bug yet?

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 11, 2018

I completely agree

I have been enjoying my conversations with you too, sir! I look foward to more interaction. And I agree with your agreement! haha

I have also been enjoying our conversations and I would love to interact more. I also agree that your agreement is agreeable x

@LeighShelton well i think we just agreed to agree! haha! And we shall! I am around often enough. I start second shift next week so my evening hours here will be limited, but i DO get the weekends off and that is AWESOME!! woo hoo! Three days in a row even! Time to celebrate! lol

agreed lol pitty you're the other side of the world or I would ask you if you wanted a coffee and a chat because I hate typing really being dyslexic. my writing is even worse but hey ho.im awake all sorts of hours and my backs fucked and I suffer from depression and panic/anxiety attacks. I love this site and I like you. what sort of party are we going to have? x ps I like your new avatar.

Indeed miss. Nice observation.

Why thank you sir, and I look foward to perhaps chatting you up in the future too. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14217
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.