Agnostic.com

55 5

If you have depression, did atheism contribute to it?

It did for me. Mainly on the subject of death. Like, when my grandmother died, and my old dog had to be put down, and even going to funerals to be moral support for friends or family, it’s hard for me to live with “I/they literally will never see them again” I don’t think I’ve ever fully coped with it, but I’d be more upset with myself believing in an afterlife as an easy way out.

DaisyLove94 4 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (51 - 55)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are moments when I am severely saddened when I learn of a person I had known is no longer available for conversation. Been a bunch of such moments during the past 10 years.

JacarC Level 8 July 28, 2018

I hope you're dealing with things better now. Depression is rough.

NO!

No, that doesn't bother me.

Yes, it did. I had to come to terms with things I believed and looked forward to. Seeing loved ones again, an afterlife, heaven and "God."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:142221
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.