Agnostic.com

30 5

Flour tortillas or corn tortillas?

Flour vs corn? Which do you prefer? Myself, I think there's nothing better than a homemade corn tortilla slathered with butter. I make both flour and corn by hand.

• 41 votes
  • 39 votes
LilAtheistLady 7 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Flour but I know corn is better for me.

Cannot choose. They are both used for different things. Flour - burritos, soft tacos, sopaipillas. Corn - tacos, tostadas, tortillas, enchiladas. It's all good.

Soft pore corn

Teter Level 4 July 31, 2018

You make them by hand? Fresh, hot, buttered flour tortillas dipped in homemade refried pinto beans is one of my favorite meals...just those...lol..nothing else...

Ps. Why was this is philosophy and meaning?

@Freespirit64 I thought it was funny.

And oh my! That was food poetry what you described there! Yum!

Can't beat home made corn tortillas, but prefer corn store bought over wheat store bought too. I've heard they're healthier as well...

Carin Level 8 July 30, 2018

Depends on whether they're for snacking or for composing a dish.

Corn for street tacos, enchiladas and flour for burritos and breakfast tacos.

Okay what time is lunch

Corn for strong chilli and cumin flavours and flour for other types of eating fruits of citrus or salt and lime juice lemon juice cooked cold

I like both, each for different dishes.

Homemade corn tortillas are the best!! So yummy. I like flour as well. They both have thier uses.

Both!! ?

That depends...
Corn first but there's always a place for flour.

Flour tortillas....quesadillas and empanadas.

I make flour tortillas about once a week. I do like corn tortillas too, but flour are my go to.6

Sorry about that "6"...damn phone.

I don't make the tortillas....I buy the quesadillas or the empanadas (beef / spinach/ ham and swizz ....

I make quesidillas with two corn tortillas, I think corn tortillas have a better flavor but what do I know, I am just Mexican-American ! Lol

Hahaha!

@LilAtheistLady

@MichelleGar1 Hahaha!!

Corn tortilla for tacos and enchiladas, flour tortillas for quesadillas, burritos and chimichangas.

It depends, anything taco or enchilada related - corn! Quesadilla or burrito: flour...

I cannot answer this because some things are better with corn and some are better with flour. I just love it all. Om nom nom.

Tacos MUST be corn!!!!!
My 7 yr old granddaughter and I make corn tortillas several times a week. We also make flour tortillas amd tamales....
Think we should make tamales tomorrow

Yum! I love tamales!

Either is good, but this subject is a bit frivolous..seems more to gain points.

Can't vote because it depends on what one does with them. Flour tortillas for enchiladas, perish the thought. Corn tortillas for burritos, never. Tacos? Corn. Chimichanga? Flour.

Flour

I really like flour tortillas but can't have gluten so corn it is.

With what? Corn with fajitas, or enchiladas. Flour for burritos or just on the side or with butter. And I didn't see sopapillas as an option. That seems like a serious oversight.

To overlook the sopapilla in New Mexico, could mean a misdemeanor citation! My mistake!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:142260
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.