Agnostic.com

57 11

Pffftttt.... there aren't enough sarcastic people here.

If I said this to you in real life, my face would look like this: 😐

I have to hold back with people who don't know me too well. My husband and I are very sarcastic. Most of my family is sarcastic.

Can you handle sarcasm? And, are you sarcastic too?

silvereyes 8 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes and yes but sarcasm doesn't translate well to written communication... Whatever.

Lady the world doesn't revolve around you and your sarcasm 😉

Sacha Level 7 Jan 11, 2018

Ok I tried... 😟 lol

“The sarcasm? You can’t handle the sarcasm,” He said sarcastically, sarcasm dripping from his voice. ????

Nope... does not... Infinity!
😀

Aaaaah, but you make up for the rest of us !!!!!!! LOL. 😉

Yes...
It is a wonderful talent.

In Toronto sarcasm is a big part of communication. Although living out west much less so.

Where is that dislike button a lady was asking about and begging for? How do we know is not your husband at the keyboard? Here I helped you out I added the #sarcasm tag.

Sarcasm is not my favorite in social discourse, but this a large group with many different personalities, so it is something that is to be expected. I just don't personalize comments that could be interpreted as offensive. In interpersonal communication it is much easier to read, give feed back, and dialog, and the result hopefully is mutual understanding. Sarcasm is a art, and depends on the person's sarcasm as whether or not it is well received.

Sarcasm is the devil's humor

Me? Never!

You can try one with me. Let me find out if I can handle that. 😉

Ooooohhhhhh!

@silvereyes oh yeah as if you really know how to?

What is sarcasm? I don't know what this is. Is it food? And if so, is it delicious?

@MrLizard crumpets instead of toast would have sounded more digitally English
=P

Sarcasm? The mirror always reveals a reflection.

Okay Einstein, give me your best shot! I'll brace myself for the shock waves 🌩 🌩

@silvereyes 'dukes', that's a nice word, you must be really good at English 😉

My family, me sarcastic phuckers all of us....

Hay, I resemble that.

A friend once told someone: “sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and the highest form of your intelligence.”

Actually I think puns are but sarcasm may come in a close second.

I appreciate sarcasm...I think my sarcasm morphed into pure silliness...probably because people take themselves so seriously. That'll be my new religion....I will call it...The Cosmic Joke....now, everybody sit down on your whoopy cushions and let us begin...

A colleague who was taking a certain type of antibiotic said to me that he read online that it can cause brain disturbance. I told him not to worry because it did not apply to him.

Ha!

That's funny! I see that as a ribbing/teasing/playing and not necessarily sarcasm.

I'd tell you to go to hell but I work there and the boss said "meh..."

Yeah, I used to sit with Lizzie and Shamus at lunch.

My brothers ex wife would state that she need to go to church to get saved. My retort was what are you going to get saved from. Crack my little brother up every time.

@PhitDoctor50 I can't give the devil any due for a happen stance of physics that happens to fall in my favor an extraordinary amount of times.

I rarely do it because when I do it, I sound like a complete asshole.

I can be extremely sarcastic, and so must careful in its use. I have sent people into screaming rages when I get on a tear.

I love sarcasm when the intent is to make people laugh.

I don't think sarcasm has ANY place in a serious discussion (i.e. between partners or anybody else in relationship) where feelings are elevated.

Exactly.

My cousin's children met my entire family (my siblings and their kids) for the first time. Their comment "OMG these are our people!". They'd never known people who gave and received sarcasm with so little confusion!

Hmmm.... I don't think i can handle sarcasm very well and I'm probably more sarcastic then most. It reminds me of tit for tat and how we tend to.snap back with an answer and not rethink what we're going to say.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14319
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.