Agnostic.com

55 7

If you could change anything about this world to better it, what would it be?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everyone learns meditation, from the earliest age.

@mattersauce pegged it. But I'd also indoctrinate children into a global minded culture, where they can be exposed to and accept all races.

Make Bernie Sanders president and Elizabeth Warren vice president!

Bernie would be the first to tell you that he would not usher in a new era of wonderfulness, only a new era of struggle.

As for Elizabeth, she's dead to me, and has been since she refused to endorse and work for Bernie in '16 when he really could have used it, or in the alternative, just pony up and run against him. She talks a good game in ways, but is everything Bernie is not in terms of a calculating political animal. Also, she may not be a Wall Street banker, but she IS a Wall Street lawyer.

@Commonsense I like tulsi gabbard,

@Buddha Yeah she looks promising. Interesting fact, she's a Hindu who was sworn in with a copy of the Bhagvad Gita. Just the fact that this would make some people's head explode makes her appealing to me. On the other hand as a woman and a Hindu she might encounter the same kind of BS that Obama did as a black. Maybe she'd confront it more directly though.

(I don't know WTF happened to Barak but he just tried to float above it all and ended up constantly railroaded ... and now under the excuse that ex presidents should stay out of politics, he's acting like a damned playboy living the dolce vita when he could provide some real and much-needed moral leadership).

reduce human fertility

weeman Level 7 July 30, 2018

Government decisions would be made by facts/evidence and not opinion.

More bike paths!

I would end the attribution of horrible deeds to evil. We need to focus on upbringing.

MrDMC Level 7 July 30, 2018

I would change it so trump was not president

I’d take it a step further, and say goodbye to the entire trump family.

Stop the discrimination against neurodivergent people

3 words in your sentence are unnecessary. Interestingly, to me, a friend whose affliction is now controlled by him does not seem to fall with the definition of neurodivergent. He was diagnosed as a schizophrenic having auditory, olfactory and visual hallucinations. The most severe being the sight and smell of blood oozing out of the walls and hearing voices. He is currently working to create a means for many currently unable to access care, treatment and research to do so remotely and be given voice. Next month is Recovery Month and hopefully he will have interesting news for many in need in Australia.

Fun question, hard answer. If I could somehow make all humans share a deep sense of empathy for one another. As if we are all part of the same body. Maybe through an unconcious mental connection, so that we could still maintain our sense of individuality. Maybe this would solve some of the problems that exist within us as a species.

Have another +1

Remove jealousy

Decrease the human population by at least 6 billion....eliminate fast foods/processed foods....eliminate factory farms and ALL forms of animal cruelty, abuse, and exploitation.....eliminate religions based on anything other than nature.... Implement the death penalty for humans who do not wish to live by civilized standards -- therefore violent crimes would automatically carry the death penalty. Finally, eliminate all borders.....revive and teach Latin as a Universal language so that everyone from all countries can converse freely but still retain their native language and culture.

or put more funding into space exploration to colonize other worlds so we don't have to murder 6 billion people.

@Snowdog444 who said murder? that's in your brain, not mine. DO NOT make assumptions. In this hypothetical situation, it would be ideal if we had not gotten to the overpopulation we now have in the first place.

I'd put a Taco Bell in Gig Harbor Washington we don't have one and I really love Taco Bell

Considering you literally have to pay to leave that town if you're driving, I can't say I blame you.

@memorylikeasieve you said it sister I try not to cross that bridge anymore than I have to

No place should be without a conveniently located Taco Bell.

@msimpson9agn I know right!

get rid of money work together

jacpod Level 8 July 30, 2018

Eliminate ads

find a cure for cancer

Level benefits by discarding currency and privilege. Our so-called president would be working at McDonald's since he has no true value to add to a completely restructured workforce devoid of owners and politicians, but he would maintain to his right to be homeless though I'd still give him healthcare. I should be deporting his wife to help him understand one of his more despicable acts, but if I could completely make it better there wouldn't be countries either.

mt49er Level 7 July 30, 2018

Omen6Actual That's what we have, but at least we're told to repeat that we're free.

Women are now in charge of our governance. Mayors, governors, supreme court justices, state reps, Executive branch employees including president and VP, police chiefs and circuit courts will all be replaced and run by the highest qualified women of color available until such time as they see fit to open the election/appointment possibilities back to men. We had our chance and we fucked up, burn it to the ground ladies. Allowed exceptions for state reps made at the ladies’ discretion. White men who have not historically lead by example in endeavors to fight for women, the improverished, and minorities in this country will be ousted immediately, investigated for donor collusion and prosecuted for their corporate conflicts of interest and crimes against humanity expediently. Nonviolent drug offenders will be released and have their cells filled by the white collar criminals and sex offenders who are suddenly being effectively caught. All proceeds from the prison industrial complex now go to education.

Women are human dude, changing the gender of those in charge won't make everything better. Flipping a problem won't sove it.

@Razzy3150 I realize this but I stand by my prescription. Let them do their best. I guarantee you some of them will try to take advantage of the same loopholes that men do, but thats why I put in the part about prosecuting the shit out of conflicts of interest and money in politics. I also guarantee theyll do a better job at voting their conscience and caring about people who don't look like them than white men have. A big part of this is shaking up the racial paradigm, not just gender. There need to be women of color, the color part being operative, especially in charge of some police departments and courtrooms until we change how profiling impacts minorities and allows white collar crime to run rampant over society.

@Wurlitzer You're entitled to your ideas as I am to mine. I just disagree with you and am interested in further understanding your opinion.

Why not judge people by their ideas instead of superfical characteristics they had no choice over? All women don't think or feel the same. All "people of color" don't think or feel the same. Being in either of those categories doesn't make you better at making decisions.

The racial paradigm in the west has already been shaken up. Nowadays it is more about wealth and status. A criminal from a wealthy family can afford to pay off or influence the right people to walk away from crimes an average citizen would a hard time for. Don't get me wrong, in the West's past this was reserved for wealthy whites. Now... it is less like that.

Also I'd like to point out it was whites and men who fought at the sides of poc and women for equal rights in the west. If catagories of people were monolithic why would this have had happened? It wouldn't have.

@Wurlitzer I wish it was that easy, but then I think of DeVoss and others like her and remember it's not just a gender problem. But a human one. We, by and large, suck. Having said that though, I do think I'd rather see women in power, and a lot more racial diversity.
First and foremost though, we have to find a way to keep religion and money out of politics.

@Wurlitzer I wish it was that easy, but then I think of DeVoss and others like her and remember it's not just a gender problem. But a human one. We, by and large, suck. Having said that though, I do think I'd rather see women in power, and a lot more racial diversity.
First and foremost though, we have to find a way to keep religion and money out of politics.

@Wurlitzer I think you would enjoy Women After All by Melvin Konner, MD. It's essentially a treatise that lays out the scientific underpinnings to substantiate the female-lead culture you describe. (Full disclosure: I have not finished reading it yet)

@Razzy3150 I get your point and I agree that ideas are more important than identity politics but the way to get a greater diversity of ideas is to listen to a greater diversity of people. The experience of a woman or person of color in this country is much different from that of white men and it would help shake up the buying off of white collar crimes because that is still largely a rich white good ol boys club that get each other off for that shit. I take your point though I realize its more complicated but it wouldnt hurt to give women of color a try to course correct some. Id prefer if it were godless women of color with a certain IQ of course but you should also realize that my fantasy isnt meant as a seriously deployable solution and Im using a fair bit of hyperbole in suggesting it. But I still don't think it could hurt the shape we’re in one bit if it were possible.

Its not so much that I think they can immediately fix everything as it is I think rich old white men have abused their power long enough that they deserve a time out to think about what they did. And to your point about the exceptions, those of us that do fight on the right side of history, that is why I put in the exception for women of color to keep the people on staff with good track records. Im just in favor of turning power over to those who have been wronged the most for the longest and leave it to their discretion when it comes to determining who that is.

@Wurlitzer I get this is a "what if/magic wand thread" where much said isn't meant to be taken seriously. I saw your post and just wondered where your reasoning behind it stemmed from. Not trying to put you on the spot or on trial. I like to examine and share ideas. That also comes with rebuttals and criticism of said ideas. If you'd like to continue the exchange or talk about another topic feel free to message me any time.

Put the atmospheric levels of CO2 back to a sustainable level, eliminate the major sources of new CO2 emissions with new technology, and reinvigorate the large rain forests that are the lungs of this planet. So, nothing major. 🤓

zeuser Level 9 July 30, 2018

I would make it so that everyone had to read and study Henry George's book ...Progress and Poverty

Get rid of Trump, remove $ from politics, abolish the electoral college, and automatically register all adults to vote.

Eliminate television worldwide.

Get rid of Centro bankers and all corrupted Politicans. That mean the Federal level abolished. Restart, then experience an advancing civilization to higher energy.

Eliminate hate

Marine Level 8 July 31, 2018

Increase spending on community health- free care services for the elderly, for mental health and democratize access to all healthcare by making it free, instead of spending money on foreign wars.

Livia Level 6 July 31, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:143205
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.