Agnostic.com

97 16

What song would you want played for your funeral?

What song would you want played for your funeral?

Here's the one for me:

Always loved The Mamas and The Papas!

Haley Reinhardt has a really good cover of this song too!

HeyHiHullo 7 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

97 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is controversial at least among my friends (both theists and atheists) but it's my honest answer: Anarchy In The UK by The Sex Pistols. The first line starts with 'I am an anti-Christ'. My Catholic family would have a problem with that in a Catholic church (They would have it there and there's not a lot I can do about it).

There would be a party!! The mix of songs would go from Swing/big band and Frank Sinatra, rock and roll, blues, funk, motown, the Philly sound, Jazz, you get the idea. There is so much great music I'd want it ALL. But to open the show it would Hubert Laws flute version of Amazing Grace

Very moving, thanks for that one.

Per my instructions there will be no funeral for me. However, I have asked my daughters and wife to play the "Ashoken Farewell" as they scatter my ashes.

I've made it clear that I do not want a "funeral". However, my nephew has informed me that there WILL be a "roast". We haven't compiled a playlist yet, but "I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty, will definitely be on it when we do. "Who Wants To Live Forever?" by Queen probably will be, too.

@HeyHiHullo Thank you for both of those. Seriously. Thank you.

@KKGator you are very welcome, thanks for sharing.

My favorite pipe tune, "The Drunken Piper"!

End of the Line-Traveling Wilburys

Well, since I'm going to be cremated I definitely want " Light My Fire" by the Doors played just as the funeral service is finishing.
Plus, during the service " Bat out of Hell" by Meatloaf, "Don't Pay the Ferryman" by Chris de Burgh and " Look on the Bright Side" from Monty Pythons Life of Brian.

Highway to hell

"Send Me on my Way" Rusted Root
That's been my choice since about 18 years ago

The theme theme to the flint stones

These are so short, I’d insist on both lol

This one, I love the aural destruction at the end, as well as the build up in the beginning:

Reba McIntire : Just like them Horses !

Free Bird always seemed like a good one to me

I would also choose this for the hypothetical deserted island.

I like this one

I need to set up some documents for my death expressing my wishes: obit full of fabrication and irreverence, no calling hours or funeral, cheapest cremation possible, and a playlist for my closest friends to play if they get together to celebrate my demise. I'm taking notes from everyone's comments. 🙂

I'd include Weird Al's "Everything You Know Is Wrong"

No funeral, I want my ashes scattered at my childhood beach where I played, and for my friends to gather and have a marshmallow and wiener roast as my memorial.

Memorial songs to play will be:

Jolene (Dolly Parton) (Describes My Romantic Life)
One's on the Way (Loretta Lynn) (Describes Life with Children)
Woodstock (Crosby Stills and Nash) (Describes the Realization of Purpose)
Age of Aquarius (5th Dimension) (Describes the time of Becoming Clear of my Destiny and Becoming an Activist)
Strut (Bob Seager) (Describes My World Debute - Stepping into Adult Life)
Aint no Rest for the Wicked (Cage The Elephant) (Describes My work life)
House of the Rising Sun (Eric Burdon and the Animals) (Describes my Regrets in Life)
Imagine (Beatles) (Describes my Hopes and Visions for the Future)

Donna Level 6 Jan 11, 2018

Beethoven's Ninth Symphony....Yeah, I'm different from most.

I wouldn't expect an acapella group, but as a UVA alum, I want this:

Brokedown Palace

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14367
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.