Agnostic.com

97 16

What song would you want played for your funeral?

What song would you want played for your funeral?

Here's the one for me:

Always loved The Mamas and The Papas!

Haley Reinhardt has a really good cover of this song too!

HeyHiHullo 7 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

97 comments (76 - 97)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Peace Train.

Well I have specified a Burt Lancaster funeral for me - that's one with no fuss. But, theoretically, the song I would have is George Harrison, ANY ROAD (WILL GET YOU THERE).

"I keep travelling around the bend
There is no beginning, there is no end
It wasn't born and it never dies
There are no edges, there is no sides
Oh yeah, you just don't win
It's so far out the way out is in
Bow to God and call him sir
And if you don't know where your going
Any road will take you there."

Case you wondering, George doesn't mean God, God, he means, well the whole big universe mystery thing.

Oh and @HeyHiHullo I think they offed Mama Cass in London in 1974. She knew too much. Great singer.

I have a long list. Sultans of Swing is one of them.

"Harvey" by Ambrosia.

Good Choice

Amon amarth : raise your horns.

Smiths - Asleep

Mild und Leise sung by Jessye Norman.

Source:

Dead by Autopsy

Have ye no Irish blood in you? For if you did you'd be like Tim Finnegan and make sure a wee drop of whiskey plashed your lips to resurrect you!
Here's the Dubliners with their rendition:

#FolkMusic, #TheDubliners, #FinnegansWake "Traditional and Folkmusic"

In ainm an dhiabhal (in the devil's name), do you think I'm dead?

@brentan rhetorical question out of the blue. Perhaps I know you under different guise?

@FrayedBear I don't know. I'm on FB but that's about it these days.

@brentan No. All cool. If you are into "Traditional and Folkmusic" come and join. We once had @Dhiabhal as a very valued and valuable member.

@FrayedBear I understand you better now. No, in all honesty, @Dhiabhal isn't me. Thanks very much for the invite to the folk group!

It changes all the time my family have a game we play about updating our funeral song list , Mine currently is "You'll never walk alone" My children grew up in Liverpool in their teenage years so should suit us all .

It changes all the time my family have a game we play about updating our funeral song list , Mine currently is "You'll never walk alone" My children grew up in Liverpool in their teenage years so should suit us all .

I'll be dead so it won't fucking matter to me. I'd want people to play whatever music makes them feel right.

Just for you

I would want them to play "Dreamer" by Ozzy Osbourne. It's such a powerful ballad that I've enjoyed hearing for a long time.

"Good by My Love, Goodby, with Demis Roussos... the Greek version

@Dida ummm, yeeeaaah. I have that effect on people, in a non-creepy way of course 😉

@Dida ...not professional...just sang in choir for years. But, I love music and unusual music the most.

@Dida no...my posting was only the name of Demis Roussos, 'Goodby my love Goodby,' HeyHIHullo, posted the video for me!

@Dida Nope, not the singer, just sharing videos of what others like. Brighten someone's day. 🙂

Alvin Lee and Ten Years After. I’m going home

My second option is...

Lol
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14367
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.