Agnostic.com

28 16

Who has read the comments on Agnostic.com's facebook ad?

Agnostic.com's facebook ad came scrolling through my feed so I clicked on the comments. Wow!! Mostly christains talking mad smack about the site and about us. Quoting bible verses, being judgemental, spouting hate...you know, christian behavior.

helionoftroy 7 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I need to give it a look, sounds like fun 🙂

I love it when they say I’m going to hell! I like to tell them Santa isn’t going to bring them anything for Christmas since they don’t believe in him! ?? That’s how much I worry about hell!

good on them! whilst they are talking about us they are leaving other good folk alone !

jacpod Level 8 July 31, 2018

Yes, we've talked about this a few times but it is always a great reminder of so-called Xian love. LOL I read some of the comments a few times and was actually kinda scared! It actually was a FB ad that brought me here, but I hadn't read the comments until later. Yikes!

No but I will take a look. I can only imagine the nonsense and verbal diaharia they are probably spouting...???

I also didn't know about Agnostic.com until a FB ad scrolled past. Figured I'd give it a look. And like others here, I'm glad I did.

I love that Christians will tell me my sins have already been absolved by Jesus' matyrdom on the cross, and that the Good Book tells deep truths and quote those truths at you. But then they turn bat shit crazy when, apparently, you infringe on the intellectual property of the Good Book (I'm fairly sure the authors died more than 50 years ago, so I think we're in the clear) by quoting it outside of church and street corner preaching. I find the intellectual vacuity of these people both baffling and bemusing.

I leave it to Tim Minchin...

I'm not on FB that often. i only check in there sometimes to say Hi to some old friends. But one time i was there and an add was in my feed from this place. I just had to check it out, and I am really glad i did.

i didn't know there were comments to read on the ad.
I'll have to look that up and read some. I'm always up for a good laugh.

I went there to the FB site, and read a bunch of comments. It is always funny at just un-christian are so not Christ like.

It was the Facebook ad that first brought me over here back in December. But I never looked at the comments until I saw the ad again sometime later. I took one look at them then. They're pretty pathetic.

Imbeciles are everywhere. And what are the afraid of? Why are they "offended?"

I figger, it is another symptom of their mental confusion.

JacarC Level 8 July 31, 2018

You gotta take social media comments, even those here on the ag, with a lotta salt.

zeuser Level 9 July 30, 2018

So much for "Love thy neighbor as thyself". If these people can quote supposed bible verses to back them up it tells me this book is one of contradictions and this is just one of many examples.

I found this site from the Facebook ad. I didn't bother reading any comments. Now I'm curious.

Let’s tear down Facebook!! Feed it to the ?

Facebook seems to be self immolating these days ?

We are here, why read ad? We know what is going on here. You are constantly quoting the bible to prove a point that you don't believe in the bible... constantly critic of church and religion. That is what going on here. Daily.

Facebook? What's Facebook? 😉

I read them to see where their thoughts are because many of these haters worship the man in our White House. I had been on the verge of ignoring them all until a friend pointed out the need to know their thoughts in the months ahead. There’s no trusting them I feel. They want dictatorship so they can wipe us out and impose their beliefs on this nation. Perhaps I sound paranoid and I sincerely hope I’m wrong but I feel like we need to be ready for anything.

Snedge Level 4 July 30, 2018

I don’t have cable tv. 24 hour news is not good for our health.

I agree. If we don't stand up and fight against the insanity of Xtuns, religion will take over.

I haven't seen them, mostly because I don't hang out on FB all that much. I probably wouldn't bother responding to them. The Internet is full of goofs. Personally I try to not get drawn in by trolls (though I have failed here and there). I do my best to make sure that I am passing along correct information that is not inflammatory. In short, I try to keep the high road and let them make fools of themselves.

So you happen to have a link. Would love to take a look.

humans are self centred idiots to a >< degree who knew

weeman Level 7 July 30, 2018

I wanted to crawl into a vault of protection after I last read comments. However sometimes I see nice comments from people who are here - or from people who think it might be a good place to join.

I don't like knowing that much of the population is that intolerant and hate filled - but at least I know. And not everyone is.

I should have a few thousand extra points for defending the site and agnostics/atheists on those threads but I don't care about points lol... Yeah, lots of stupid repetitive comments...

Unbelievably, I used to argue with Trump trolls and even insult them back. I guess I needed to vent some of my frustration after the 2016 election. Eventually, I began thinking of them as mindless ants, churning around and attacking anything they perceive as different, so their opinions no longer meant anything to me.

I recently found out that THREE of my college educated, professional siblings are Trumpites, and act just like all the other alt-right wing nuts if I say anything about what Trump is doing..it's all "fake news" - thank heavens Obama is gone, so now we have a "real" president," etc.

So I dropped my siblings from my life, as I can't imagine hanging with people who think it's a good idea to take kids away from their parents and lock them into cages, to attack the rights of LGBTQ people and minorities, or to collude with Russia.

I have been surprised and appalled at the people I know who voted for Trump. That tells me I have a lot to understand about my fellow countrymen/women.

The terrified, hateful comments actually made me think that I needed to look into this site. I wondered if people commenting there were the opposite of the ones on Agnostic. If so, I thought I I might have found my cyber-tribe.

LB67 Level 7 July 30, 2018

I didn't read the comments, but found this site through the Facebook ad, too. And glad I did. I've been spending more time on Instagram than Facebook, but there's no discussion there, really. I don't want to clean house on every negative Nelly there, i want to stay aware of how other people think. But it's gotten to the point that I have to take it in doses. So far, this place has been pretty great.

@Tampabrew I was staying aware through Facebook, as well. I have suffered a kind of burn out there, with what is going on in the world these days. This place has become a happy change of pace.

@LB67 I couldn't agree more. Only thing missing is the lot of my friends that I do enjoy keeping up with. I guess I'll have to go out after work more now.

Since I've joined this site, I no longer see the ads on Facebook.
I may have blocked the ads, I don't remember. It's quite likely though.
I do that. If it's an ad, I usually block it, regardless of the source.
I "hide" a lot of posts, too.
If I don't want to see it every time I check my feed, I'll hide it.
Or snooze the source. I do that a lot, too.
Or just unfriend, or unfollow, altogether.

Me. They are always good for a laugh!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:143791
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.