Agnostic.com

53 24

I got dressed up for THIS?

My date was awful. I spent an hour arguing with an ignorant, opinionated man who insisted that being "politically correct" is unfair to white men.

"Blacks call each other 'nigger,'" he said.

He says white men are being discriminated against. What's more, he hates and resents the government. Says our government should not pay for birth control. Hates the legal system.

Blames the legal system because his daughters will not talk to him since the divorce five years ago.

I explained protected groups under the Civil Right Act of 1964, and why they are protected.

He insists America is more polluted than ever, that black crime is terrible. Said Muslims celebrated 911. Sounds like he's been listening to Trump.

After an hour of this, I felt nauseated.

"I'm leaving," I said. "From my profile, you knew I am a Democrat. I don't want to argue with you."

LiterateHiker 9 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another time did not work out as well, many years ago on a first date. It became clear to me that the man was a Republican and an idiot pretty quickly, and was spouting some lies he apparently believed. So I asked him where he got his news. And he said talk radio.

In my defense I had never heard of someone actually using talk radio as news. Anyway I simply howled with laughter. And I could not stop laughing. He was the one who stalked out the door!

BRAVO!

Wow. What a catch!

Surprised he received a whole hour from you. Clearly, you have the patience of ... (dare I say it?) ... a saint.

@UngodlyPete

Love your username. Very funny!

While eating a healthy Asian salad with chicken, I refuted his arguments point-by-point.

Nauseated, I pushed my plate away and said goodbye.

@LiterateHiker Did you contemptuously throw a twenty on the table for your part of the bill as you left? ??

@LionMousePudding

I let him pay for his hour-long rant.

I wouldn't have lasted long on a date like that. Sorry it happened to you.

Relax, have a drink of your favorite beverage and get ready to try again.

Water is my favorite beverage.

As an optimist, I always bounce back from disappointments.

You lasted an hour without gunfire? Brava!

@BurtsTime

With a master degree in human resources management and employment laws, I refuted his arguments, one-by-one. This got old fast.

He wasn't open to learning. I'm a peace activist, not a gunslinger.

@LiterateHiker well the Masters degree paid off because you have 1000 times more patience than I would have had with that idiot.

@BurtsTime
Thank you for your kind message. I appreciate you.

I’ve got no words for that, other than “sorry”.
What an asshat. This guy deserves to wallow in his hate.. alone.

I can't believe that you stayed that long

Buddha Level 8 July 31, 2018

@Buddha
Like Genevie said:

"I live in Jacksonville Fl.. imagine being surrounded by that person. It’s like a minefield. Someone seems nice and intelligent and BAM... all of a sudden they bust out the “n” word and all there is to do is sigh and call it a night.. So sorry you had this experience."

I can't believe that you stayed that long

Buddha Level 8 July 31, 2018

You couldn't tell from his profile and/or texts that he was a dickwad?

@Flyingsaucersir

If his profile had mentioned his conservative beliefs, I would have refused to meet him.

"dickwad"...gawd I love that word. LOL

Sorta sad for your wonderful date.

JacarC Level 8 July 31, 2018

He sounds like a complete moron....

i hope you at least got an acceptable meal out of the deal

weeman Level 7 July 30, 2018

@weeman,

I chose the restaurant. Although the meal was healthy and delicious, I left feeling nauseated.

On the next episode of "The Ranch"......

Why on earth would he agree to a date if he read your profile? It makes for good story at least? Did you get to eat your diet?

@GreatNani
I chose the Vietnamese restaurant. At least I got a healthy, delicious dinner. Being conservative, he paid.

@LiterateHiker well glad he paid and the food was good. But my goodness, why the hell did he not read the profile!

this sounds like standard family dinner conversation i have to put up with on a regular basis. but I agree with the man below, not sure I would have survived an hour of this on a date. I probably would have said I was going to the bathroom and climbed my way out of the window if I had to.

Clearly a reason he's still "on the market".
Sounds so much like a RL troll! Yuck!

Qualia Level 8 July 30, 2018

I would have checked on his political and religious beliefs before accepting a date.
I also google men first to see if what they post on their profiles is true or not.

@birdingnut

My profile clearly states that I'm a Democrat and atheist. Near the the top, I wrote:

"If you are a Trump supporter, hit the back button NOW."

He was fine on the phone. His profile said nothing about politics.

With online dating, nothing is real until you meet.

@LiterateHiker I'm the pushy sort who would have directly asked him. I even do that to my relatives, LOL!

I am sorry you had to be subjected to such ignorance. I look forward to the day that he and his ilk no longer occupy our planet.

Oy...how awful. I am curious how you even ended up at a dinner date without knowing some of this.

@BlueWave

My profile clearly states near the top:

"If you are a Trump supporter, hit the back button NOW."

A lot of men just look at the pictures, and don't read my profile.

I always insist on a phone conversation before meeting. Like most guys, he did good phone.

When we met for dinner, the first hour went well. We ordered dinner, chatted and ate.

After dinner he had a beer. Then he spilled his bile.

I spent 30-40 minutes refuting his arguments, explaining anti-discrimination laws. A waste of time.

@LiterateHiker Wow.... well, thankfully he had the beer and showed himself.

I would have a few phone conversations before meeting. After a while, the real person emerges...

That sucks. You can't educate someone like that.

@gigihein
Thank you. You're right.

@LiterateHiker At least you went out with an open mind. Contrast like that makes a nice liberal intelligent man dteamy. Talk to them longer next time. If it isnt enough to feel a connection it is a crap shoot.

And this is all I hear from the crowds that i run into daily. I really don't pay attention to them so I've become an observer because I would just be wasting my time trying to explain plus they love to argue so I will just keep to myself.

Why would you even meet such an idiot!!!!

Philistrate
I insist on a phone conversation before meeting. On the phone, he was fine.

True. I have a gal now that keeps telling me she is driving up to meet me and never seems to get into town. I think something is fishy with her.

He was only 1/2 right.

JacarC Level 8 July 31, 2018

@Jacar

Why did you say "He was only 1/2 right"?

@LiterateHiker Obviously he was a cretin. But, most of what he has been reported to have said are just statements of fact. Hence, true.

And then there are the personal opinions. That he conflates the two does not always work.

Do you NOT have problems with all of the layers of government incompetence?

The creation of protected classes has resulted in the current insanity of LGBQT people not being specifically included in a protected classes and therefore are available for open season.

The constitution, and the first 10, are enough. Every addition has caused more problems.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:143831
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.