Agnostic.com

53 24

I got dressed up for THIS?

My date was awful. I spent an hour arguing with an ignorant, opinionated man who insisted that being "politically correct" is unfair to white men.

"Blacks call each other 'nigger,'" he said.

He says white men are being discriminated against. What's more, he hates and resents the government. Says our government should not pay for birth control. Hates the legal system.

Blames the legal system because his daughters will not talk to him since the divorce five years ago.

I explained protected groups under the Civil Right Act of 1964, and why they are protected.

He insists America is more polluted than ever, that black crime is terrible. Said Muslims celebrated 911. Sounds like he's been listening to Trump.

After an hour of this, I felt nauseated.

"I'm leaving," I said. "From my profile, you knew I am a Democrat. I don't want to argue with you."

LiterateHiker 9 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (51 - 53)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why'd you give him THAT much of your time?

@ghettophilosopher
Everyone seems to have the same question. Please read my comment near the top.

I only have one question. Why did it take two hours before you left? We have to have a talk. I am a guy and I can put up with a lot of crap but I would have been gone in ten. And i am assuming i would be at least a table away.

@dalefvictor

My profile clearly states near the top:

"If you are a Trump supporter, hit the back button NOW."

A lot of men just look at the pictures, and don't read my profile.

I always insist on a phone conversation before meeting. Like most guys, he did good phone.

When we met for dinner, the first hour went well. We ordered dinner, chatted and ate.

After dinner he had a beer. Then he spilled his bile.

I spent 30-40 minutes refuting his arguments, explaining anti-discrimination laws. A waste of time.

With online dating, nothing is real until you meet.

Where do you find these guys (oh yeah Wenatchee). Seems like you have had more than your share of these types of people. Maybe you need to adjust your guydar?

JackPedigo

Once again, don't blame me. He was fine on the phone. As @Genevie replied:

"It’s like a minefield. Someone seems nice and intelligent and BAM... all of a sudden they bust out the “n” word and all there is to do is sigh and call it a night.. So sorry you had this experience."

With online dating, nothing is real until you meet.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:143831
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.