Agnostic.com

3 3

QUESTION Uh Oh—CRISPR Might Not Work in People - MIT Technology Review

Well this isn't encouraging news

ScienceBiker 8 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whoa! Thats some stuff that's over my head. It looks like we have a few scientists in here.

When at first you don't succeed, try try again. Many new discoveries come from failure. It will be interesting to find out what comes next.

Betty Level 8 Jan 11, 2018

That's a bummer, of course. I'd have to read the whole paper to make conclusions, of course. From the abstract, however, it seems that all they have to do, is just use a different source for Cas9. MAYBE they could use an alternative of Cas9 from a patient's own stem cells, or relative to avoid immune response as much as possible

@ScienceBiker I mean...that's a lot of money and a huge risk. 1000 on't be doable as of yet, methinks. But I agree with you, tiny sample size. Ah what the hell, let me see if I can access it through my vpn

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14416
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.