Agnostic.com

6 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As suspected he sells 3D printers and money is more important to him than the safety of the human race.

@Marine, the only safety issue involved is the safety of the hand of anyone stupid enough to try shooting a 3D printed gun.

BTW, Aluminum isn't detected by metal detectors, and while aluminum isn't strong enough to make guns from, if you add a few parts per million of the rare earth element Scandium the alloy is quite strong enough. Smith & Wesson has been making small, concealable revolvers like this for years.

It is stupid to worry about this. 3D printers use materials that can't handle the stress of a bullet being fired. At best, you'd get one shot before it blew up and took your hand with it. Plus, of course, the fact that you can currently make a simple gun without a 3D printer makes this ludicrous.

The only 3D printer I know was used in a previous job to build prototypes for our products. In other words, the printer builds a physical mockup that will resemble the mechanical shape so customers can see first hand how the product is going to look like. Best to my knowledge, a 3D printer may produce a very realistic gun that actually is nothing but a toy.

This is really stupid to allow. I cannot believe this guy and the only reason I can see for it is money somewhere to be made from it. Most likely he sells 3 d printers.

Marine Level 8 July 31, 2018

This is really stupid to allow. I cannot believe this guy and the only reason I can see for it is money somewhere to be made from it. Most likely he sells 3 d printers.

Marine Level 8 July 31, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:144211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.