Agnostic.com

16 3

What is the furthest away you've met someone online and then met in real life?

It's very difficult for me to meet anyone, online and in real life. Work and family keep me pretty busy. But finding myself single at 47 and living remote, makes it even harder. How do others cope, or find new friends, interests?

GordonWolters 4 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

pre-internet 1500ish miles, which resulted in a 10+yr flirtation off a one night stand but went no where in the end.
I don't think post net can count dog shows, as people from all over the country and world go to those and it's not exactly conducive to dating. BUT.... if you're a single straight white male into dogs on a serious level you'd find yourself swimming in more tail than a rat factory, strange but true.

So far all the potentials that I have ever met online are fake grifters and scammers. So I can't rightly answer accurately. Had seen you are in Pennsylvania I had lived there at several points in my life in Eire, Monroeville last place was near Allentown left in 2003 had Worked at Stroh's brewery till it closed in 2001.

If you really live in Slave Lake I can see why you are asking that question

LOL!

5,458 miles

7000+ miles

Ponderosa, I have been to Colorado and I would go back in a heart beat.

365 miles ... My sat nav said so

I find it difficult to meet people. I work the night shift. I'm 58. As a child, I went to 10 different schools in 4 different states. Always the new kid in school. I am active in the Labor movement and social justice. I have given speeches and interviewed by reporters. Lately, I just stay home.

I live in Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia, and I met and chatted with someone from Switzerland, and then shortly afterwards they flew out to meet up.

Yummy rum ! Been there ?

I think she was 5hrs away?

warp speed?

Well, I live in KY and met some people from Sweden online first, then in person when I visited Stockholm a couple years ago.

I get involved in online groups that I can meet up with people in real life in my area. Like Couchsurfing.com, Meetup.com, Internations.com, Expat.com are some of the groups I find people interesting enough to me to meet.

SamL Level 7 Oct 15, 2017

If you think it's tough now, give it another decade or so. 🙂 I'm a youngish 64 and have dated online for years but it's extremely difficult now to meet anyone, on or offline. When you're young, you can just kind of 'hang out' and meet people in bars or clubs, but I don't do that kind of thing; never did, really. In any case, I've had a few long term relationships with people I've met online but they were all local, and I mention that in my profile. Long distance rarely works out and I don't want a penpal, I want a partner, so....

It is tough. I'm not into the bar scene.

New York to Louisiana.

Just from my state. I have guys interested in me and we are friends on FB, but they live in other states. Everyone has homes, jobs, and families. I would not have the financial ability to move and I don't want to leave the Florida weather.

California is we're I lived at the time and she lived in Alabama. The date was a disaster and I flew home the next day.

ha haaaa I think it is funny.

flew from within to cali, went with a few friends

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1450
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.