Agnostic.com

9 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a nut job this woman is! This reminds me of the mother in the Stephen King novel, "Carrie". It's beyond horrifying! I read the first few paragraphs and couldn't continue.

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.”
? Robert M. Pirsig

I loved both, "Carrie" movies.

@Sarahroo29 King is my favorite author. He really slams religion in his books.

Yep.

I think of that result every time I see a gold cross hanging around any human neck every time I see a hangman noose the complete evil of xian cannibalism drinking Jeebush blood and eating Jesua Nasoret skin alleged to be inside grape juice and crackers. ....Abraham taking a knife to the theat of Issac under delusional belief YHWH told him to slit his only child's throat. ...more lovely infallible truth from BIBLE LAND

The thing that gets me is when the cross is a piece of jewelry and encrusted with diamonds.

When I see a cross necklace, I automatically think they're delusional.

In my mind, this brings up a question; which is worse, a religion that someone can interpret in a way that they would make the conscious decision to do this horrible crime, or the level of nearly institutionalized ignorance and stupidity it takes to ever be able to 'justify' this for any reason, religions or not?

Religion breeds ignorance; ignorance is the foundation of religion.

That's horrible and sad.

The insanity that religion breeds.

The insanity that religion breeds.

yeah....well....murder is murder, you know.

When asked why she did it, she replied that the power of Christ compelled her.

This is not new and has been going on for millennia. Wasn't it Isaac who was willing to sacrifice his son for a "loving" God?

At the end of WWII Joseph Goebbles and his wife, Magda poisoned their 6 children and then committed suicide rather than allowing themselves to become victims of the heathen allies. They were staunch Catholics. Remember, he was the minister of propaganda. When one puts out lies eventually one comes to believe them. This is a real force behind Fox news and the Republican party and, too often, liberals.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14589
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.