Agnostic.com

59 7

What thing do you really wish you could buy right now?

That thing that makes you say UGH! If only I had/could do.

AmiSue 8 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (51 - 59)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A roof for my local VFW. The funds are tight and it will need to be replaced soon.

The winning lottery I could start my own company for rpg designing.

Since you guys insist a tiny island a quarter mile square, Beach all around it, some palm trees, a hut. A local woman that could harpoon fish. No tourist.

Breakfast for everyone.

Salo Level 7 Aug 3, 2018

I may have said this...I'll say it again.... TIME

Well, the one wish I have right now is for a fun and well-matched life partner, but that's not a "thing" and I can't "buy" her. If I wanted things or still needed them I could buy whatever I wanted... but it seems I already have 3 of everything I need and 5 of what I don't. The best items on the list below seem to also be things you can't buy... time, hair, health. 😉 The trip around the world would be nice, but only with the right partner. Sigh...

This will sound trivial and silly... But a drone. Not just any drone... One that hasn't been built yet. They are getting close though. I have been a photographer for over 50 years. To me, a drone is a tool. I have worked as a journalist and in forensics. I wish I'd had a drone back then!
Having said that... I will also say I have lost two drones to water. One in the Mississippi river and another in a park pond. So I want to buy a drone that can swim. Or float or something like that. Drone, serious drones , not childtens toys, are not cheap! I have gone so far as to attach foam floats to the skids of a drone, but they interfere with its flying ability and are susceptible to snagging on tree branches and such. ( more than the drone alone) trees and drones are not a good mix either.
I said it was silly!

I've had a rethink... and it can be bought, legally. There is a sort of drone like vehicle that one sits in and flies... That's about as close as I will ever come to having Superman's ability to fly. It's pretty safe, with the multiple redundancy of many rotors, and it can fly where even a helicopter can't. There is no licensing as yet. It has to be the ultimate gadget toy!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I responded to this by saying I would buy a new roof on August 2 of last year. In December, an extremely generous family member gifted me enough to do that and then some. Just before the new year, during the week between Christmas, I was able to hire a good friend of mine to put a new roof on my modest home. So that gift helped me get that roof and provide work for my buddy during a slow holiday season.

Has anyone else been able to buy the thing mentioned?

Escott Level 4 June 21, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.