Agnostic.com

130 28

What’s the origin of your Agnostic.com name?

My name, bleurowz, is the name for my design/creative work. I love a blue rose, and so I took the words and put them together in a different way, and I’ve also created the below logo for myself.

But there’s more to this story. Sometime after a friend had asked me if I’d gotten the name from The Glass Menagerie -- I had to look it up, and this is what I found: “Jim calls Laura ‘Blue Roses,’ a mispronunciation of ‘pleurosis,’ the childhood disease that left Laura crippled. The name ‘Blue Roses’ turns Laura’s defect into an asset: her unusual qualities are seen as special rather than debilitating.”

I can’t make this stuff up.

bleurowz 8 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

130 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My screen name "piphirho" are the three Greek alphabet letters "Pi", "Phi" and "Rho" spelled out in English. They are the Greek equivalents of the three English letters of my initials, PFR.

This came about in the late 90s when I created a Yahoo email account. I wanted to use a variation of my name or initials, but wanted something more unique than "paul2264" or "pfr27". When I was in college, one of my Physics professors used to spell out English words using Greek letters, so I did the same with my initials, spelling them out because I couldn't use the actual Greek characters. It worked, in that it was a unique name and since then it kind of stuck as a screen name. Not very clever, I know, and it looks like a fraternity, but it works.

My screen name is shytiger6. Shy because I am pretty introverted. Tiger because I was born in the year of the tiger. and six because that way I woule nto have to compete on sites to try to be the first one to use the name. Notice also that it is a total of nine characters. That is a hold over from before the internet, when peopel used IRC to chat, and your screenh name had to be nine characters fo less. I used to use the name damn_nice, which meant I was and exceptionally nice guy, but it was pointed out to me that the name coudl come off as I was conceited (it never occurred to me, but had to pointed out).

A few times online I may have used niceshytiger.

How about EyeOfTheTiger?

It’s my name abbreviated.

I have always been one to think outside of the box. So I came up with xenoview, because when your outside the you have to look inside it.

My work and one of my passions is astronomy and my name is Jason. Just shortened both and put them together.

joey = first name (nickname)
m = first letter of my middle name
f = first letter of my last name
86 = last two digits of the year I was born

Sometimes I’ll make a joke and say “mf” stands for “motherfucker”

First initial, middle name, last initial......

My initials and my zip code

My parents chose mine.

My first name and area code. Guess I should have tried to obscure my identity a bit more. Might do that at some point. I guess we get one chance to change our screen name on this site.

Someday, I might revert my screen name to what I used to use in my first discussion forum for Spiritual Humanism 2004-2006. I actually met another member in person years later. He was the officiant for my daughter's wedding, and surprised me by calling me by my screen name. He shared that he remembered me and my posts from that site, and showed me his Happy Humanist tattoo. Haha!

Literate Hiker

A voracious reader, I am a published writer and articulate speaker.

Since age 21, I have hiked over 200 miles/year.

its what my dad used to call me

It describes me, the rider, of the only Harley model, Road Glide, I've owned and rode.

My first and last name and the state I live in.

Year and model of my bike.

This may be the lamest reason, but it's my PSN handle and I'm just trying to stay consistent.

When I worked in trucking a couple of decades ago, a power unit was the part of the rig with the engine in it. I forget what the trailers were called, but nobody remembers followers anyway.

It is my real name. I don’t think I need to hide behind something made up even if it is cool. What you see is what you get

mine is basic my real name

Tilia cordata - the Small Leaved Lime - was the tree being studied by my partner when we met during our university years.
His online persona, not here, is Alder.

Tilia Level 7 Aug 7, 2018

I actually almost always use USMousie, which has a far better story. I am nuts about mice of course. Choosing my AOL screen name in the late 90s I of course had to include mouse; as I was living in Germany I wanted some form of Maus. However, Mouse is like Sweetheart in German (funny story I could tell on myself there) and so every imaginable form of Maus was taken. Waldmaus (forest mouse), Suessemaus (sweet mouse) you name it, another German AOL member had it! So back to English: Mouse, Mousie, etc all gone. However as I was in German AOL chat rooms, I wanted people to know where I was from, as a conversation starter.

On Match I went to French. Mouse is souris. I collect kids' books about mice and a little mouse was named souricette. I love souris because it is also the tu form of smile. Turns out souricette is the name of a small plane too!

It was for OKCupid that I chose LionMousePudding. Mouse, Mousie, etc, are always gone. I have always liked LionMouse because although I am sometimes shy like a mouse, I can roar like a lion if someone needs protection. Or people are getting hurt. Of course LionMouse and MouseLion were gone; then I came up with Pudding because my sister sometimes calls me Mouse Pudding. However when people ask it is easiest to say I am shy like a mouse, can roar like a lion, and am sweet as pudding.

My name is lar and in my early twenties I wanted to meet women. I bought a hardback book and a secondhand shiny suit. I then went on the street to stop young women and preach to them about Larism. Basically since god is the greatest pleasure, by pleasure we bring ourselves closer to god. The ones who laughed were asked out for a drink. Larism was born and often as not lar got laid and had a new friend. I still preach occasionally.......

Just an acknowledgment that I am SO out of sync with everyone else in my neck of the woods.

My initials and my date of birth 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:146652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.