Agnostic.com

8 3

Hello everyone...at work in Gettysburg PA...im doing transition to work, at a rescue mission and everyone here is A Christian Believer. It's all good n fine, however I feel as if I don't belong....lol

1enchanted7 3 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m in the same shoes except iv been there for 6 years. It’s ok to bide your time and grow on them, then as they start to like you you can open up a bit. It probably helped that I was a believer until ~2 years ago. I know they mean well, just lost and still being inadvertently lied to by their loved ones and their other company, been able to start the gears turning in some of their heads as well.

Thanks for your comment. I guess I feel different because I'm not a believer and none of my co-workers know I'm an athiest....and there's a lot of god bless comments and such....im not opposed to helping people ever ....i just don't believe god is real

so stake your claim on all your secular clients. we have secular chaplains and many people need their services to face life's challenges. you may be surprised how many will opt for your take. after all alot of the people who land up in your shelter have been cast aside by your prevailing society

I don't feel a need to announce to my co-workers workers, I'm an athiesr...i just do my job and socialize with them in my own way...they do a great job at helping people and it is a thriving business

Gee I wonder why?

Helping people is good for self esteem. Does not matter what their influences are. I have live all across Pennsylvania Erie, Monroeville and Allentown moved away in 2001 do not miss the weather, I do have many good friends there.

Yes, I to do not do well in the icy cold weather in PA.... I soon want to move possibly to AZ

Well I hope you get thanked as much as God because we know who is doing the work!

jeffy Level 7 Jan 12, 2018

Why wouldn't you belong? If it was all men, teens, or gay would you feel as if you don't belong? As long as it is not a requirement of the job that you be a believer then you belong.

Betty Level 8 Jan 12, 2018

That's an interesting view you have...i was placed to work there because I suffered a broken wrist at my truck driving job...where they require injured workers to continue working in a light duty environment...it's way different from my regular job duties where I'm pretty isolated and not exposed to people with such religious beliefs...thank you for your commeny

Well you do belong, your simply wiser than the god botherers.

Yes I do actually belong...it's way different from my normal truck driving position where I'm generally isolated from people...and being placed to work at a non-profit organization is such a different environment for me....thank you for your comment

courage

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14667
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.