Agnostic.com

18 10

Anyone else love Godzilla?? 🙂

Pooska 6 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I loved shin godzilla. A totally unique godzill movie. Very intelligent and well made.

Heck yes! I grew up on it, except I watched it on Japanese television so it was never in English. lol! Perks of being raised Japanese in America! haha

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

Who would win in a fight, Superman or Godzilla?!?

Godzilla.....suoerman is dumb... yeah I said it... dumb

Ahhh! So mean! Lol @Pooska

Godzilla, especially after he is equipped with a nice Kryptonite amulet!

"Oooh noo! There goes Tokyo! Go, Go Godzilla!" haha

The chap in the rubber suit just died (RIP). I wonder if he electrocuted himself on one of those electric cable towers.

I love Godzilla but its more of a platonic love rather than romantic. But I've never really felt that Godzilla loves me back, even as a friend. I think that our differences might be too great for our relationship to continue. He just seems too self-absorbed in his own interests and all the really wants to talk about is destroying Tokyo and fighting other monsters. He never lets me talk about myself or shows any interest in my life. Also, he stepped on my house and didn't even apologize.

Hell yeah

Source:
jeffy Level 7 Jan 13, 2018

I love Godzilla

hate it lol

Only those that have an actor in a rubber suit are worth watching, a real Godzilla movie does not require CGI only a sense of humour.

Hell yes! I Love many Godzilla movies.

No, god mating with lizards not my cup of tea.

Used to love watching the old ones weekend mornings on TV. Like most others here haven't liked any of reboots. 'Pacific Rim' is the closest any recent movies have come to the original Japanese monster movies. Haven't seen the second 'Pacific Rim'.

@MichaelSpinler 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' with John Boyega playing Idris Elba's grown son. If you watch it let me know what you think. Still haven't seen it.

Yes. Godzilla VS. Monster Zero was one of my favorites. Godzilla and Mothra team up to fight Ghidorah. Although it's called something else on IMDB.

The way I see it, Godzilla reflects how the Japanese see the United States. When the original came out in 1954, the destruction wrought on Tokyo by the monster was clearly a reference to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. By the 1960's, memories of WW2 had given way to Cold War realities, and, in those films, Godzilla became a protector of Japan from a host of other creatures bent on devastation ( representing USSR, China, North Korea, etc).

That's why the Hollywood reboots don't work. The original meaning is gone.

You made that way heavier than I ever thought Godzilla could be..... 🙂

I don't care to add hidden meanings to the greatest monster movies of all time. Monsters doing martial arts moves is more than enough for me.

The old school was the best when the voices never matched and the giant turtle would fly around.

Gamera was the flying turtle. I've always had a soft spot for Mothra and Rodan, myself.

@KKGator Has been many years thank you for the name could not recall it.

@azzow2 You are most welcome. Happy to oblige.

@KKGator when I was in my teens lived in California the loca! college Goldenwest community college would put marathons on of those old martial arts movies that the voice never matched they must have had the same directors.

@azzow2 The Golden Age of Hong Kong.

@KKGator don't forget the little singing girls that followed Mothra around!

@KKGator 2 nickels to ride the bus dime to watch Godzilla Rodan Mothra 3 Stooges old newsreels and Bugs Bunny cartoons KIDS DAY Saturday RKO ORPHEUM 15 cent bucket of popcorn real freedom 1961 Des Moines Iowa electric Street cars

The original Toho productions only.
Serizawa!!!!!

OK - I have to ask - the originals (cheezy though they may be) or the reboot???

Both....but you have to watch them with beer and friends that know how to party

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14726
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.