Agnostic.com

3 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And who will pick the strawberries? Not any "self respecting" American. Since when did work become an anathema?

I live in the Strawberry Capitol of the country, and we've had plenty of them here this year, but I don't know about the rest of the country, or next year.

I don't know how many out there remember the "bracero" program, but it seemed to work very well a few short decades ago. Why can't we do something like that again?

@Condor5 The bracero program worked well except for the exploytation that occurred. Much agribusiness is mechanized currently. Nafta aided Mexico economically so less emigration occurred. I know folks who embarked on the bracero program. Mexico is a 2nd world country now & the northern part is prosperous compared to the southern half. 2 very differrent cultures. Industrialized north. Agricultural south.

Maybe people can consolidate into coops and build something like Sundrop farms, pioneering solar-powered greenhouse to grow food without fresh water or pesticides.

'First in the world': Solar-powered greenhouse growing food without fresh water [abc.net.au] via @ABCNews

trumpie keeps telling the farmers that they can take it. he isn't paying their bills and causing them to file bankruptcy. He is just showing his power to please himself. Why aren't tariffs required to have a vote in Congress?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:147456
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.