Agnostic.com

13 4

Climate change

Anyone else out there believe in climate change? Yesterday it was 58 degrees in my town. Tonight it is God knows what below zero, but my hands froze just walking out to my car. I'm out here freezing my ass off now. I believe in climate change so it shocks me to hear arguments against it's existence. Am I alone in this way of thinking?

Sadoi 7 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do believe something is not right...

PS: @Sadoi by the way your last profile pic was cool... 🙂 where did you get the 'bindi'

@Srijith I have dated a few Indian men in my time... 😉 I tend to like Indian men. hee

indeed something isn't right here...

@Sadoi 🙂

@Srijith Yes I read all information before. I also read the information
from the people that don't believe CO2 was causing global
warming you need to look at their opinions and ideas.
Global warming climate change has become a religion. The
majority of the people are doing the same as religious people
are doing by believing in God or gods. Keep an open mind
and read some of the articles I posted or watch some of the
you tube movies I have posted so you understand both sides
of the problem. You can prove your point about anything
with information from the Internet. You can even find
you tube videos how to make a perpetual motion machine.
If that really work that would solve our energy problems.
And the global warming problem would be over. LOL

To me there are many unanswered questions and factors not included in the equation.

Like...? Do share... this is a judgement free climate... although it may be a bit balmy from all this GLOBAL WAARMIINNG!!!!!! (hahaha)

@Sadoi will tomorrow have 6 year old monkeys th a will be dad I am hungry in the morning got to get my 4 hours in.

@Sadoi The earth goes through cycles when it ellipses around the sun it is at times further away this happens for many reason alignments of the other planets having a gravitational effect on our planet, the sun creates electromagnetic pulses we are protected from the magnetosphere if those pulses are pulses are attracting or repelling at times is undeterminable. Those are just a few of the space reasons there are many more. Now we get to earth's surface the volcanoes have been more active in the last 20-30 years not only do they spay poison gases into the atmosphere but also change the dichotomy of the earth's mantels. Ultimate altering the lay of the land. Next the biological factor has to come into play. Cattle spewing methane into the ozone via flatulence. Is that really a factor? The 200 years that fossil fuel had been going into the atmosphere is that any worse than say a monster volcano erupting? The concerns that should be paid attention to is ocean pollution. In the gulf of Mexico there are section of the ocean that are dead because the fertilizer has killed the sealife.All of this being said how is it any different than in the past the answer is not very the factors have been around 10`s of millions of years.

@Sadoi Keep a open mind
Dr. Judith Curry Video Compilation - Climate Change Truth

Not only do I believe, but I have a personal relationship with Climate Change... oh wait

skado Level 9 Jan 13, 2018

Hey, is climate change one of your many bedfellows, sir?? haha

[climate.nasa.gov]

No there is scientific agreement. I believe that.

Mmm hmm! I've actually read that study you posted. 🙂

@Sadoi what do you believe?

My doors on my truck were frozen shut untill noon, and yesterrday it was 60 ° herr.
I do think fossil fuels are contributing t climate change, but even if they weren't, we changing our planet into a garbage dump., and polluting air and water .

Yeah last night I had to pull and pull on my car door until I dislodged it, but also fell flat on my ass in a pile of snow and ice. Woo hooo!! Froze my legs and my ass and my hips... but my hands were numb from the mere walk from my door To my car! My windows wouldnt roll down for about 20 mins either because they were frozen so I was sitting in my car smoking that poor thing out with the inability to roll my windows down. I turned up the heat and hoped i could blow it around. God. I refuse to smoke inside my house because of my children, so i venture out into the cold to smoke. Plus, I volunteered to pick some friends up last night after work because it was way too cold for them to walk or whatnot. I won't have my friends freezing to death on a 10 min walk to their homes. no sir'ree bob! And i agree with your assertations my friend. 🙂

I hate cold weather. And I had lived in Germany so I had seen cold weather. Also been in Scandinavia in the Winter on a north atlantic cruise. Don't like cold weather. I believe in global warming and the changes it bring. But those believing in "overpopulation" won't mind when someone without resources freezes to death. May I one day be able to invite you to enjoy a 113 degrees Las Vegas my friend.

oh i am from california and my grandparents moved into the san joaquin valley and some summers it was hotter Than 113! lol! Funny, back in the day playground equipment was made of metal! Let me tell you how much fun it was to be the first idiot to go down the metal slide in the dead of summer! haha!

@Sadoi Do not remind me of my childhood in Puerto Rico and those slides, you could fry an egg and burn a pizza. But how often I have to hit the floor before I understood the concept of black ice!!!

Climate change is real , I live in northern England and I a have a Foxglove in full bloom in my front garden. That is not right , I took the dog out the other day wearing a t shirt in January .

Yeah my friends in alaska sent me photos of patches of green on their yard and some small flowers they say typically only grow in early spring. Meanwhile, in michigan, we were buried in snow. go figure!

@Sadoi That is climate change which is normal. In early 1970 my garden was so wet I could not plan it until August and I was picking sweetcorn and brussels sprouts in December of that year because we had a very late frost. Climate has always changed its just being talked about more today. I live in Illinois and normally you plant a garden in late April

@Hellbent Yes also shorts & flip flops.

Climate change is happening alright, the test done on the affect of carbon dioxide and methane has proven it beyond reasonable doubt. It's going to be very difficult to predict the exact affect it will have on weather systems but the trend of rapid global temperature rising is sure enough reason for action. What are you doing to reduce your carbon footprint?

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 13, 2018

Everything I can. I try to follow most of the rules. This is something so vast that it would serve better for me to privately message it to you. Unless that was a rhetorical...?

Climate change is real, the climate changes, solar output, volcanoes all affect our climate. So it seems obvious that the changes man has made will affect it also. Back in the 70 I learned about greenhouse gasses and the predictions. This hypotheses seems to be holding true. That is why I take my coffee in insulated flasks, the insulation keeps the heat in, it works. The climate is quite complex, heat causes air to rise somewhere, it cools up there and comes down somewhere. We suffer from cyclones, they are dependent on warm oceans, now our cyclones form and travel further south and cyclone season lasts longer.

"CLIMATE" is the combination of the average temperature, humidity, wind pressure, and precipitation in a place and at a specific time of year over a period of about thirty years.

"WEATHER" is what's happening with all of those factors right now, or in the upcoming, predictable future (10 day forecast! ha). Here in Boston the weather has been pretty inconsistent too, but that's not really a sign of climate change...

This is what we're working on right now in my sixth grade science classes, and even my pre-teen students are confused about people who don't "believe" in climate change, based solely on scientific facts... global warming, for example? The sun sends radiant heat toward the earth, and whatever isn't absorbed into the surface is reflected back into space, that's how heat from the sun works, people have no input there... however, because of all of the increased gases present in our atmosphere (carbon dioxide, methane, etc.) due to human activity and the burning of fossil fuels, the reflected heat is being trapped in the atmosphere and is warming the gases more than ever before, therefore warming the Earth. Like, how can anyone say that's not a real thing? 🙂

It was amusing this past week in class to talk about how cow burps and farts are harming the planet, especially since, same as you said from wherever you live, the temperature has fluctuated from zero degrees to above 40 this month so far alone! 🙂

There has been a large concensus of climate scientists worldwide that global climate change is real and that it is human caused, When you mention the figure that it's 97% of climate scientists who agree, the naysayers are quick to bring up a study that shows that number is high, However, their own debunking study still has the number at over 90%. So, let's just roll with 90%. We all believe in science here, right? If you were on vacation and were about to cross a bridge with your entire family in the car where there were ten structural design engineers that stopped you and 9 of them said the bridge was unsafe for vehicle traffic and pointed you to another bridge a mile up the road as a better option. But, one said he thought it was perfectly fine and the other nine were overreacting, Which choice would you make? Would you cross the bridge where nine if them told you you should not because it's unsafe? Or, would you take the detour and take the bridge that those nine assured you was solid and safe?

Duke Level 8 Jan 21, 2018

oh, like you, I am also believer! I think, at this rate, though, the bridges, all of them, are going to hell with the Balrog as he knockes them down one by one! haha

@sadoi fly, you fools!

Keep a open mind
Dr. Judith Curry Video Compilation - Climate Change Truth

Scientists Patrick Moore and Judith Curry on Climate Change

dc65 Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

Now that our government is not funding global warming research as much their are more articles appearing about CO2 not causing global warming. Most of the things I post about CO2 are from people that are NOT PAID by oil companies. This is a search I did and there seems to be more people now that are supporting CO2 does not cause global warming. They have a diversified view about climate change and think it's time we look at both sides and do more research if you believe some of these people. All the effort going into reducing CO2 output is in vain because it will not reduce global warming more than a few tenths of a degree.

(youtube CO2 does not cause global warming) this is what I use to get these websites in my search.

This will bring up some interesting YouTube videos that will try to explain why CO2 does not cause global or or very little global warming, Climate change.

dc65 Level 7 Mar 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.