Agnostic.com

45 7

What do you do for 'self' care?

When I'm feeling like I need an escape from the insanity of my day, I curl up with a good book, post on my blog, edit a script, brainstorm for a novel, record a podcast episode, read a comic book, or just meditate. These are examples of how I take care of my self.

How do you take care of your self?

aspiringunicorn 6 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see my massage therapist every other week. Plus there's masturbating, I guess...

Beer and gin and the Rolling Stones!

For self care I eat correctly,patatoes, fruit, vegtables, and some I try to stay slim and fit, KEEP Pleasent thoughts in my head, Sleep Well, Keep busy

Draw or paint. Cuddle up with the pup and watch a funny movie.

Self-care or relaxation? Self-care is related physical health without help from doctors. My guess in this case would be mental health, unwind, relax. So smoking used to unwind me, and also beer. But nowdays I prefer reading a book unrelated to my field (medicine) like a novel, science fiction, comics, or literature, watch a good movie (hard to find good movies, they are all full of special effects, silly dialogue and not great characters), netflix. And also practice meditation, which unwinds me, relax and once you realised that the self is an illusion and you are one with the universe, everything is take care off and you don't give a s... anymore.

I like video games to take my mind off things. Cooking works too.

cycle walk the dog go to pub smoke a joint

Watch soccer or documentaries, write some poetry, research something that has recently taken my fancy, or listen to an In Our Time podcast

Oh my gosh I'm a soccer fan, too!!

Whatever I do, it's not enough

Nice hot bath. Read a book. Play persona 5

As a retired person, i have lots of time on my hands. And use every minute of the day entertaining my self. 40 years of working to benefit my employers and take care of my kids before they became adults, it's me time.

I get out and take a long walk, which isn't easy as I use a cane. I always come back refreshed and solved world problems in my head.

I love to draw, watercolor paint, chrochet dolls, animals and their wardrobe, write ( mostly OP pieces on politicians).

Last but not least play with my 3 great grandsons and one great granddaughter; who I completely adore and spoil, my 4 cats, two rescue mares, two dogs and two chickens.

At this stage, even tho my finances aren't what they used to be, at almost 70 I've never been happier or most satisfied. Being single plays a big part of being happy.

This is a great topic! I look forward to reading the responses. 😊

I play with the dogs, and if at night, I read, write, do whatever I can to fill my mind and keep out the darkness

I renew myself with home decorating magazines, sultry music, candles, hot baths, and low lighting.

Go to the gym, a hike or work on a project.

I run, a lot. Like if there's a horizontal surface I'm running.

I'm the same way, except I had to add vertical surfaces. Not enough challenge doing just horizontal.

Grab a bass, learn a lick, rinse, repeat.

Hiking or more nature immersion. I feel at peace surrounded with the sounds of insects, frogs and birds. Visually exploring different plant species, noticing differences I’ve never taken the time to notice before. Or my favorite, studying a distant mountain range while trying to capture the magic I feel in photos. I get so into it that negative self talk stops and for a short time I’m not thinking of any of my stressors.
For me it’s a small moment of real peace.

I vounteer for Hospice (Bereavement Counseling), the local hospital (Information Desk), drive patrol (volenteer) for the County Sheriff's department, and Deliver Meal's on wheels. I know friends who do most of their volunteering for a church, like praying, holding bible study, etc. I guess it give meaning to them. I am fortunate to have my lifelong partner of nearly 57 years with me to share in travel and reading discussion, etc. One other thing that might make me unpopular with this group, I've always wanted to be able to crossdress. I now do do regularly at home. I would never go out crossdressed, I'd be the ugliest woman you ever saw. I mention it only because of the way it relaxes me from the stresses of watching the news.

I smoke a lot of cannabis & have a multitude of pets.

Good movie on roku

bobwjr Level 10 May 11, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:148317
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.