Agnostic.com

30 2

If you had to choose between being deaf or blind, which one would you choose?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Deaf!

Deaf people don't consider it to be a disability. They have their own language, village etc.

Blind.
Music is too important to who I am and what I do to keep me sane.

Blind. Easily. I absolutely cannot live without music.

Deaf. As a visual artist blindness would be worst for me. Also, I think I’d be too terrified to leave the house alone if I were blind.

I'd kill the person trying to force me to make that choice.

Or die.

I would never just willingly submit to being mutated.

If you had to choose between posting a nonsensical quiz or utterly ridiculous quiz, which one would you choose?

If you had to choose between posting a choice quiz or posting something worthwhile, which one would you choose?

Whatever comes to mind. Sorry! Just watched one of those Saw movies and it had my mind going to all types of places.

It's in the silly and random section its allowed !!

@EmeraldJewel And he took time to reply...

@Simon1 Right!

Oddly people with these disabilities say that deafness is the worst, as it isolates you from other people

Blind never wake up with a beast again .!!!

I’m already deaf and have a cochlear implant that allows me to communicate quite well. To my knowledge there’s no technology that allows you to overcome blindness but I would definitely consider deafness the lessor evil even without the cochlear implant.

I’d rather be blind. I’m a musician.

Given that I'm already losing my vision, I'll keep my hearing, thank you.
😀

Maybe deaf

Deaf. I could still drive, cook, read, travel, take photos, surf the web......etc.

Deaf for sure..I want to see my girls grow up..

Playing pinball

Deaf. We can see sound. And the visual spectrum has so much variety it would be a shame to miss it.

Huh. We can see sound? News to me.

Deaf. Other senses will kick in. Technology for hearing is great these days. I would not miss seeing the beautiful things in my life.

Deaf. Easier to navigate the world. Though still difficult.

Deaf, for sheer pragmatism.

Deaf because at least I'd still be able to watch movies

Can’t do without music, sorry eyes.

Deaf. I'd sleep like a log.

If there was no way to have that sense returned in someway, then I will choose being blind.

• I can still listen to sounds (music, audio books and movies, nature)
  • I can still communicate normally (listening/talking)
  • I can still read (if I learn Braille)
  • Any kind of judgment I have towards new people based on physical appearance goes away (however I can still judge people based on sound and smell)
  • I don't have to pay for contacts or glasses anymore
  • I can have a cool walking cane that I can hit people with...by accident of course.
  • I'll never lose at the Circle Game anymore

I choose blindness. I have really good hearing and would die without music. Plus, I can't read lips at all.

Deaf, almost all my hobbies require eyesight.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:148995
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.