Agnostic.com

7 1

How much of an active part do you take in promoting your unbelief?

atheist 8 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

don't be ashamed about it. i'm proud to say i'm agnostic, just as people tell me they are proud to believe.

How many of you notice that you normally don't introduce yourself to a neighbor or a co-worker, and as soon as possible, you announce that you are an atheist. Believers do it much of the time. They announce to as many as people as possible that they are christian. Once someone gives me the challenge, I have no problem promoting atheism as a positive lifestyle, as well as a complete separation between church and state.

Nope, never experienced that but I get what you're saying.

I don't directly promote unbelief, though I am an active Liberal and having to address religious appeals to authority in politic debate seems unavoidable.

I don't hide it, but don't promote it at all.

I personally don't make any actual effort to promote being an atheist. I think that a big part of being an atheist is the mental comfort of not needing to proselytise to reinforce your own belief system.

Absolutely none.

SamL Level 7 Oct 15, 2017

None at all, don't really care about whether or not people know i don't believe

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1490
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.