Agnostic.com

7 1

Do you think climate change/global warming will be devastating or just a nuisance?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

it will be the end of us

bill Level 3 Oct 28, 2017

Climate Change is not a problem......! It is a symptom of a bigger problem, overall environmental decay. It is the proverbial tip of a big iceberg and one that will affect everyone N. Americans included. As with all the other problems, water and air pollution, habitat loss for species just to name a couple it is anthropogenic (human caused). We cannot change other people lifestyle but we can change our own. Sites as this can help one get ideas on things that will help and the number one thing is to lower our carbon footprint. There are a plethora of sites dedicated to this so one cannot claim they didn't know. It is said that most of the ills of the world are not caused by evil but rather weakness.

an annoyance in the centre of north america but devastatingto those living in deltas and low lying islands

Probably devastating but hopefully not in my lifetime

Devastating.

I can usually elaborate on any opinion I have, but don't always choose to do so. My main concern at this point are the predictions of shrinking fresh water supplies and lands suitable for farming. Add to this that as storms become more laden with moisture, it seems flooding will become more of a problem, which could devastate crops. Perhaps the world's governments will do something substantive as famine grows more and more commonplace.

@bingst Many people do not care about climate change for various reasons. People continue to buy big cars and trucks RVs and boats. We still need trains and ships and airplanes and then we need large amounts of electricity which mainly uses hydrocarbon fuels. Even the supposedly green people don't change their lifestyle they keep using large amounts of energy for their comfort. Now my thinking is since nobody wants to change their ways we need to plan for climate change move out of the low-lying lands and if you're lucky move higher into the mountains where it will be cooler. We need to quit draining freshwater off the land because we will need it for irrigation and other uses. The whole thing has gone too far and nobody is going to change the way they live until they are forced to. So let's start planning for a warmer world and if it doesn't happen and will be in good shape either way. What do you Think?

I think as a species climate change will be devastating over the longer term. However since humans can only really notice much more rapid changes in their surroundings than the effects of climate change, few will realise that they are being affected.

I just went through Irma. I made it through with some damage, but not devastating as it is in other places. I was afraid of not surviving for the first time in my life. I never thought I would see the rapid changes which I am seeing during my lifetime.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1491
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.