Agnostic.com

23 1

I DO / DO NOT have tattoos?

• 38 votes
  • 35 votes
Magician 5 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interestingly, though, I got my very first and only one this past June. I always balked at the idea because of how permanent the image would be. But hell, I'm 61 now and permanent for me may not be an extremely long time anymore. I decided to move a little closer to the edge.

Deb57 Level 8 Aug 8, 2018

Well, what did you get?

@Carin I got Celtic spirals and knotwork, in shades of green, to celebrate my Irish/Scandinavian DNA

@Deb57 Sounds very beautiful!

@Carin There! I edited my post and added a photo!

Totally hear ya. I've never wanted to commit to anything. But now, maybe. I mean it's not like it will be there for 40 years.

Very personal choice.....never found one I wanted....but not against it.

13 with more planned. 🙂
the trick is finding the time to go sit in the chair and I also have to travel a fair distance to find a good artist.

Photos are of my forearms -- the Vegan and bees are on my left and the Harm None/Ahimsa are on my right -- these are the ones that are mostly visible for everyone to see unless I wear long sleeves.

None, and will never have any done. I'm not anti-tattoo; other people can do what they want, I've seen some very good and even beautiful ones - they're just not for me!

Jnei Level 8 Aug 8, 2018

Eight or 9, can't remember how many are on my back.One medical one on my left inner arm. There will be two more soon. I have them for me. Don't care what you think.

What are medical tattoos?

@Carin Imagine a Medical Alert bracelet. This is a tattoo that shows the caduceus and tyhe words Insulin depended diabetic

42 of them. Two are invisible except under blacklight. Two are on the top of my feet, and three are on the bottom of my feet. 5 on my hands, 1 on my back across my shoulders, 1 on my chest, and the rest are distributed over my arms and legs.

Can we see a photo of the black light ones? I've never even heard of those & they sound VERY cool!

@Carin I can find a cheap blacklight... I don't currently have any pics though

The design I like on Tuesday wouldn't be the one I like on Wednesday. Then there's that pesky problem with sobriety that maintains a distance between me & tattoo parlors.

My newest is in my photos. A memorial piece for my dad.

I don't understand the appeal of tatoos. But I don't put bumper stickers on my car, either. WHY would someone? (I'm really am asking, not judging).

Holli Level 6 Aug 11, 2018

@jorj to me it seems so permanent in an impermanent world. Things change. How many people regret, or at least are resigned to having the markings 30 years later? The survey researcher in me wants data! 😉

@jorj I also don't actually know anyone who has regretted (out loud, to me) their tattoo(s). I don't doubt my feelings may be in the minority. But I find it an interesting main stream American fad (I know tatoos have been common in some societies forever). I'll probably set up a survey for a retirement project in my old people's home when I get there. 🙂

@jorj Yes, the taboo on the job is going away-a new employee in my office has visible tatoos- my boss (who worked with her a few years ago) went to bat for her to get the job in spite of the tatoos. Eventually, she was hired. They nearly cost her a job, but ultimately, did not. I'm not sure it would have worked if she were a he and the tatoos weren't pale pastel flowers.

I do, do not have tattoos.

I have 8, 9 if you include a cover up of another one.

Tejas Level 8 Aug 8, 2018

I would never do it again>

Not my thing. In fact, I'll be that guy. I think most of them are bad.

When people put effort into it, and they get the right artist, and pay them a good price, then the result can be beautiful. Most of the time it's just a name (were you going to forget it?) initials or something that seems deep but really isn't.

I don't care that much about it either way, I just roll my eyes every time I see the same ones recycled on 50 different people each.

None. Just never had an interest.

Zero. Only way I'll probably get one is if I have to defend myself. I'd get the spider web on my left elbow.

I have 4. I wanted at least 9 others but now I'm worried about the chemicals in the ink.

Once you get your first one it's only a matter of time before others follow

I have 4 and will someday get others.

I appreciate the art but it's just not for me

As @Xasspurrateing said, the first one is a gateway! 🙂

Nope.... why it never crossed my mind? Dunno.... I certainly like them on someone else !!

Yep. Got 'em.

I do. Got my first one 19 years ago before it was popular. Finished off last summer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:149916
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.