Agnostic.com

200 18

Why do you reject the idea of religion?

Admin 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

200 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religion is just a list of rules created by a group of powerful people to control powerless people. If gods do exist, I'm certain that they'd have nothing to do with religion.

It isnt so defined for me as rejection, just 'not an embracing'.I have never ever felt in any way religously inclined, it doesn't cut the mustard for me - As a young teen I really tried but it wasnt working - I think maybe I am just resistant to religion as some people are to the flu.

My Father, Mother, 2 Brother and Sister are religious knitted. They Go to their church about thrice a week. I can't tell them their blind with their socalled faith and beliefs. But, they didn't force me at all to join them. Meaning, they also respect me if I am not religious and praying for even sometimes as I turned 18 with the help of my friend whos agnostic that time I was enlightened..I am proud member of PHILIPPINE ATHIEST AND AGNOSTIC SOCIETY also known as "PATAS" and
Humanist Alliance Philippines Intl. "HAPI" . Now I'm turning 30 and figuring out whats comes next.Will my family be as me and how can they be?...

#Respect #Pitty #TruthIgnorance #PATAS #HAPI

Being a person of reasonable intelligence, it is not difficult to reject the airy fairy teachings of such childish nonsense. Christ created the heavens and the earth ? Whatever !!

Morally, logically and in general I just don't have faith.

it chips away at your logic and common sense.
it sends you to war in the name of that god it divides people against each other ...should i go on?

To quote my then 7yo son "It's silly". By which he meant that there was no evidence for its "truths" and most of its teachings were contradicted by other teachings.

Because it doesn't make sense.

I see no reason to worship anything, let alone a made up mythological being. Almost all religions are based on fear and having to pay lip service to vengeful and self centred thugs.

No thanks. I have more respect from those I share this planet with to waste time with made up rules that are not relevant to the world in which I live.

Overall religions have been the most destructive influences on Earth as people declare war on others based on their view of themselves as God's chosen ones. Cults spring up in Gods name and prey on the gullible to take advantage of them for sexual and monetary gratification and lets face it, leasers of these cults and tele-evangelists must have greedy and narcissistic tendencies to do so much damage for their own selfish benefit.

After my several years of research in church i DO believe it is just an idea for a kind if twisted control that very few questions!! Rejected idea for sure!

I reject it because I think it is an invention of man to control other people through fear. I think it has been the source of too much pain and suffering through out history. Too much has been done in the name of some God that I fundamentally disagree with. I see very little good in organized religion. People need a sense of community etc, that religion can offer, but it can be achieved in other ways by mankind that doesn't require the people to buy the rules of the church.

The idea that a man made concept that has so many variations yet they all claim to be the "word of god" is ridiculous.

If serves no purpose, other than to enrich the church. The candy coated ideology is based on hatred and tribalism. Religions are the root of most wars and domestic violence. More deaths can be attributed to religion than any disease, violence or natural disaster.

The damage it's done to so many people both physically and mentally.

1. No proof. If you accept Religion A, then why not Religion B? They all have the same amount of proof: zero.
  2. I look at all the easily duped sheep and the violence-prone believers and it occurs to me that if these are sort of people who believe religion, it can't be right.

i reject it bc its not important . if it was i think hed bring his ass down here and show us hes real . so im not following anyones beliefs . going off of belief is not how u find truth. i see no evidence for it like at all . so yes i reject anything that has 0 evidence

Simply because it is mere superstition. Fantasies made by humans to explain terrifying inexplicable phenomena when they were scientifically ignorant; and worse, a tool of mental/emotional control by governments, churches, and individuals for controlling people's lives and assets. I consider religion, adherence to beliefs in the supernatural as a waste of time. Much more satisfying to investigate, understand underlying facts... Better by far to have a probabilistic, tentative awareness of reality than an unshakable stance of the universe based on irrationality. Gods are one way of saying "no" to infinite possibilities. Science and I disavow religion.

I believe a different definition of god. The only view that could be considered "god" would be that love=god=love+the amazing variety of the beauty of all plants, animals and people.

Because That Idea is Not a Good Idea.

A mental illness that has been taught and passed down for generations. As I said before, religious people remind me of the people in resident evil. They always went around infecting the healthy with their illness. See the similarities?

For one thing most of it is based on a book the Catholic's screwed with long ago putting into it what they chose to, and leaving out what they chose not to let us see. It is a mix of truth and fiction. I know what I feel inside and that is my compass and truth meter.

Religions (for me obviously) are emotionally hollow; they have no appeal as ways of knowing the real world. And alternatively, "believing" in invisible friends takes up ones time, mental capacity. Saying "gods" is akin to saying "no"; it closes ones mind to infinite possibilities.

Because it comes with many bad sides"

• you tend to judge others (mostly atheists)
  • you are less tolerant
  • you are closed minded (most of you)
  • you hinder progress.

I am sure there are many more but those are the ones that come to mind.

I hate the control preachers have over the congregation. You follow them or get out. That's it. There's know gray area.

I reject religion because I think it's just one more way for those with the power to control those without.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.