Agnostic.com

51 8

Religion is __________(finish the line)

We're non-believers, but I think we don't all see religion the same way. There are a lot of words I can fill in this blank.

Fiction.
Corrosive.
Nonsense.
Brainwashing.
Not my cuppa tea.

There are probably, many, many others.

I'm wondering, what word or phrase would you associate with religion?

silvereyes 8 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

bull shit

Illogical

stifling.

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 14, 2018

more times than not, abusive and unhealthy.

Religion is...fairytales to console people in their most devastating moments. It can also provide a sense of community and family depending on which faith is chosen. It is also a tool that can be used to control people, get rich, and exploit the weak. It has good and evil, light and dark, just like all of us. However, I believe nonbelievers possess higher overall intelligence, and those who question and are not easily influenced are the smartest.

...stupid, controlling, abusive, illogical, unscientific, false.

Unnecessary

Has killed so many people that just wanted to be left alone.

… a structure of power and control for subduing the masses who want desperately to believe in the underlying message that someone is watching out for us and loves us and will make our pain and struggle worthwhile if only we're good enough and obey the rules.

ready for a laugh? I started clicking on the dotted line. hahahahaha and NOTHING's happening!?!?!? brain fart or senior moment.
Religion is the root of evil.
Not ALL even just a goodly portion.

At my last visit to Portland I noticed the light rail cars had signs for seats that said "Honored Citizens" instead of "seniors". I like to refer to this period as, my stage of life.

@JackPedigo Yeah, and if I hear 'Well, at your age . . . " my mouth is apt to say something inappropriate.

@silverotter11 What would you say??

@JackPedigo 'fuck off' but that usually does not go over well with doctors,etc. I like the "Honored Citizens". I just do not think it is neccessary for people in the medical profession to answer a question with "Well, at your age . . . . " The back story on that is an injury, and the first visit to the the doc (actually a PA) started off with that phrase.

a mythology with living believers

Control

...the greatest scam ever perpetrated by humanity, on itself.

Childish fantasy

Moronic

Divisive. harmful to your health.

a guise for prideful and willful ignorance.

out moded but not out lived.

a pacifier for fearful ignorant people.

good one

Bullshit

hypersuperfluous

Religion is bullshit.

Religion is intellectual darkness.

Religion is a means of societal control over the population; it's a gaslight for the masses.

Religion is the means by which I was indoctrinated into oppressive purity culture; it's where they taught me I was less than them, to be ruled over by them, to be submissive to them; it taught me not to trust myself, my boundaries, my mind because "holding hands makes babies."

Religion is how they controlled my mind and body.

Religion is a scare tactic.

Religion is the wedge between me and loved ones who will now view me as the other.

Religion is bullshit.

Mythology

@silvereyes yes your right

Superstition turned into industry.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15164
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.