Agnostic.com

37 4

Is there a profession you find a turn-off?

For those of you using this as a dating site:

Say you saw someone you found cute on this site. You go to their page with the intent of sending them a private message introducing yourself, but then you read their bio about what they do for a living.

What job / career would be on there to make you decide not to contact them?

IndySent 7 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Though I would hate to judge someone just for their job anything to do with selling religion or woo to the masses or I suppose conning people in any way.

Attorney

Climate change deniers. Anyone pushing carbon based fuel agendas without any recognition that change and transition is not only necessary, but inevitable.

Izzie Level 2 Jan 15, 2018

I seem to not get along too well with people who work in finance/accounting however I would give everyone a shot.

Good question a few years ago we debated this and a lot of the answers here came up as "worst jobs". My choice was bailiff as you can be in right circumstances quite happy to see a cop, defense lawyer even the military if was a natural disaster etc but your never happy

Butcher, slaughterhouse worker, hunting of any kind, anyone working in a vivisection lab, anyone employed by an anti-abortion organisation, furrier, Conservative Party... you know the sorts of people I mean.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 15, 2018

Spin doctor would be at the top of my list, followed meth head.

Politicians (nothing bores me more than someone who thinks they'll change my mind by constantly arguing their point)...people who work for companies I find do reprehensible things (cigarette distributors, corporate lawyers, etc.)... anyone in the field psychotherapy (specifically session therapists, who try to second-guess and find 'meaning' behind everything you do, no matter how mundane)... That's a good start to my list...

I don't pass much judgement but if you tell me you are a con woman. I will pass on moral compass principle.

Film critic. They are assholes.

I think I would have a hard time knowing my potential partner was a defense attorney for energy corporations or other organizations that wrought havoc upon the land.

A televangelist

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15165
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.