Agnostic.com

87 1

Thoughts on Interracial Dating & Marriage

Are atheist, agnostics and freethinkers more or less open to dating and marrying someone of another race and why?

mbhorner 4 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

87 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hadn't given it much thought until I saw your post. Are you talking race or colour though? In any event my only concern would be whether my dates' family are cannibals and if they're hungry 🙂

Yes l would. Why? Why not? If the chemistry is there, I'm there.

I have never understood the issue with skin color. It is just a product of evolution. So my people were weirdos who like snow and someone else's preferred the sun. Who cares?

Racism seems to in part be a product of religion to some extent. I see no color. I date men of different races and should one want a serious relationship, I would not be opposed. In January my lover and best friend died. He was black and beautiful. I miss him terribly.

I was in an interracial relationship once. She was a lovely lady, and the color of our skin did not mean a thing to us. We did get heckling from strangers on the street when we walked hand in hand, but we just chalked that up to stupidity, and we went along with our joyful life together.

I would have absolutely no problem marrying someone of another "race." The truth is that humans are one race. We come in different shapes, sizes and skin colors, and we come from different cultural backgrounds. But we are THE human race. One race, indivisible. Humans all evolved from common animal ancestors, originating in Africa (according to DNA evidence). Only fools and troublemakers try separating us by skin color.

Among those fools and troublemakers are some religionists who credit their fake gods with their racism. So, to answer your question, the nonreligious are generally MORE open to dating and marrying someone of "another race." The religious have some hateful barriers to overcome.

I have dated all sorts of different races. It is not an issue for me.

I'm attracted to personality, not the color of a person's skin. Don't ask me why; that's just who I am.

I'm White.

My first wife was Asian.
My second wife was Asian.
My girlfriend is a Pacific Islander.

So I guess I'm all for it.

BD66 Level 8 Jan 25, 2019

Married 3 times and lived with an older white woman until she died. One of my marriages was to a Kenyan woman and it lasted 12 years. My 2 marriages to white women did not fair so well.

My wife is Korean. I'm white. I don't have a problem with it, obviously.

I know I am. I prefer it

I see no difference in Colour. What I do acknowledge is Culture compatibility .

We should all remember that culture is a choice, not something one is genetically coded for.

@pnfullifidian

Unfortunately, for the vast majority, culture is about as much a choice as is the language we speak, or the religion that was handed to us by our parents. Very few rise above how they were raised.

@Piratefish Agreed. Most are what we might call, comfortable. Change can be stressful, and growth almost painful. But just like gang, gun or rape culture (to the extent that such a thing may be called such), the culture that we as adults find ourselves in today can either be embraced or abandoned.

@pnfullifidian

I agree. It just seems that so very few give it any thought and simply just resort to the default culture in which they were raised.

I grew up in a Multi Cultural Childhood and having served in the Military was a plus because I got to see racism up close. Back home on the block we used to joke about it, but bunking in with the Southern Population made it apparent that the 'Civil War' was not over as was WW11 and that White Supremacy would again rear it's ugly head. I left a Corporate Job after three years after graduating from College because of the same reasons and I never looked back.
I became a Union Worker with a Masters Degree for the next 30 years where I worked along all races, colors, creeds and learned their Histories.
I learned that I have a soul which is the most important part of my integrity. I read History, Listen to Jazz, and Read every author and story regardless of race, color or creed. Everything else is bigoted as Politicians and Religious Leaders want to make it or manipulate it.

Love who you love, date who you date, marry who you marry. skin color, "race"... none of it matters. Just love.

I will date anyone of the Human race, A Vulcan maybe, a Klingon I would have to think about it. Character defines who you are not the color of your skin.

Have you seen those Klingon bitches in bed, whoaaaa bring it on but wouldn't want to marry one.

I wish everyone was color blind! Why are you asking this pretty loaded question?

Having taken Sociology 101, I'm of the mindset that there is only one race: The Human Race. With that said, I would definitely be sticking to my own race. ?

We are all human. I don't see anything wrong with it.

My girlfriend is a big fan of interracial "dating". She loves getting her brains dated out any chance she can get. ? It's fine with me.
And of course, there's
Halle Berry

I do not see color.

So is everything you see just different shades of grey?

That’s unfortunate, because the human race is made up of beautiful shades and all should be acknowledged, loved, and appreciated for what they are, not ignored. ❤️ (But I know what you mean, of course...) ?

@Jenelle
I think of others as people in general. We are all the same humans. I don't look to analyze races and color. No I don't see color, I see people.

We are all a rainbow.

Like in Fairly Odd Parents? We're all just gray blobs?

Well I believe with facts and common sense we are all one race so their can't be any interracial relationship because we are one race.

Good friend Ben, face reality,dump the wishful thinking when it comes to race,perhaps you are one of the rare species in America who are NOT anti-people.

@agnosticbuddhist Thanks for the article. I'm hoping people don't skip over the last paragraph.

Scientifically, you are correct. There is no such thing as “races” in humans. Racism is based on the false belief that (1) there are distinct races, and (2) that some races are “superior” (whatever that means). (And, of course, my race is superior to yours.) Thus, while there are no races, there is racism. We see similar hate-based discrimination on other traits: religion, the caste system, anti-semitism, and homophobia, to name a few.

These poll results just in: 2 out of 3 of my exes were Asian/Pacific Islanders. So, I guess that makes me an equal opportunity jerk.

@Shelton at least one incredibly wonderful outcome was my smart, beautiful, half-Chinese daughter; the best thing I've done in my entire life.

I would hate to think that I missed out on love because I wouldn’t look past the color of a man’s skin.

We’re all part of one race, the human one, some just have more melanin. Date or marry whom ever you please love is love 🙂

I love women from all origins.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:152404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.