Agnostic.com

36 9

Have you ever been devastated by a lie?

I feel this way after I was told a heartbreaking lie last month by a man friend. The hurt that you feel when being lied to, is it devastating to you?

Sheannutt 9 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll help, I'll be there for you. Fucking bullshit. I will never trust anyone, including me, again.

Sure have... Now I'm divorced partly because of it...

Devastated? No.
Irritated? Yes.

consider yourself a lucky man

@Savage
I always have my friend. 😉

@bigpawbullets Me too, her names Saska, 😉

Lies destroyed my life as I knew it. Still trying to fix things. So yes, devastated & then some. Sorry it happened to you to.

Carin Level 8 Sep 24, 2018

Yes.

Yes.

Coldo Level 8 Aug 12, 2018

Being a healthy skeptic the terms love, religion, political promises, insurance premiums, stock reports, medical advice from a Doctor and not a Nurse. I'm not married or ever have been, am an Independent by Political Affiliation. The Legal System in this Country is becoming more and more psychotic each and every day. Agnostics are very skeptic people which is why we are on this website. I was able to see that the light at the end of the tunnel was not a beacon of light.

Yes. When you give genuine trust to someone and they lie to you it is devastating.

I'm devastated by all of Trump's lies! His lies have the potential to generate so much harm!

Gmak Level 7 Aug 11, 2018

My ex told me (tells me!) he loves me, but he also says (said for years) everything is all my fault and I'm evil. Lies hurt and from a loved one cause serious misgivings about my own judgment, as I'm not capable of knowing even my own feelings-according to him. 18 years of that building up in my head. I'm out and doing very well. But trusting my heart to someone will take time, even if I find someone worth trusting.

Holli Level 6 Aug 11, 2018

When my intuition told me my wife was cheating and she swore he was just a friend. It turns out my intuition was spot on.

Actually it was the lie that hurt more than the cheating. If she had come to me and asked if we could have an open relationship I would have agreed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:153011
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.