Agnostic.com

4 1

QUESTION Killing death: Some implications of extending human lifespan indefinitely | ZIPAR

Here it is. Just about everything I have to say about the subject. I didn't write it, but the author has mind melded with my brain. The writing style is very similar to my own.

For my professional scientists friends, this article contains a gazillion citations - like any good article on a controversial subject should.

For everyone else, this is a long article. But it's an easy read written in common English. The only technical term used is "senescence". Simply put, senescence is clearing out your growing number of zombie cells that are running faulty or outdated programming and refuse to die.

ScienceBiker 8 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Would we value or enjoy life as much if we potentially had an infinite supply of life?

@ScienceBiker People have been known to get bored of life.

I read an article that gives about two examples of animals that do not show signs of ageing and lobsters was quoted as one of them. Similarly they did not expect them to live forever because of the dangers posed by disease and fatal traumas. Lobsters suffered from being deliciously endangered.

I can think of many reasons NOT to live forever but almost none for an indefinate lifespan.

Could potentiality make a cyborg like body and then space exploring longs distance and high speed travel could be achieved.

Great paper, I'm totally in agreement.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15427
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.