Agnostic.com

20 10

Living life.

How do you interpret the phrase "Living life". Does it mean that every moment has to be fun filled and packed with adventure? Or that it is. Just living life as every day presents it to you. Sometimes it being just mundane and slow filled with the everyday happening of the average joe?

Teterbilt 6 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd say a combo of the two... but, even more, living as if this is the only finite life you're gonna get... enjoy your time and try not to leave a wake of destruction in your path

Teter Level 4 Aug 14, 2018

Living my life as I chose to live it , not controlled by others .

Accomplishing the mundane, therefore really enjoying the fun packed times when they afford themselves. It is a balance of the two.

JK666 Level 7 Aug 14, 2018

I do what my mom taught me. Do what you need to do, find the moments of joy. You have today, tomorrow is promised to no one.

Betty Level 8 Aug 14, 2018

It is just one of these phrases that people use when they think that everyone should fill every minute of the day with activity. Personally, I would find that totally exhausting. We all need contrasts in our lives, busy active time and quiet more contemplative time.

I don't. The phrase is general to the point where its not worth worrying about.

I live Mine, you live Yours, we all live Ours.

Living life means I ain't dead yet.
Period.

Living life is just fumbling through this wonderful opportunity to feel joy, sadness, regret, happiness, love and all the other emotions we have.

Living life as a statement means to me being free to experiment, to try new things, to experience the diversity that life offers, and to have time to learn whatever it is that moves me. It is a self centered challenge with time limits and I have but one shot at it.

So far, so good.

I often say that life gets in the way of living sometimes. that is how it seems when darker days write their chapters. Yet then i try to recall the words of Mr. Frost.....from his poem 'birches'...

"I'd like to get away from earth awhile
And then come back to it and begin over.
May no fate willfully misunderstand me
And half grant what I wish and snatch me away
Not to return. Earth's the right place for love:
I don't know where it's likely to go better."

have a nice day y'all.

I don't actually like that statement. But people seem to like to use it a lot.

I suppose we live life with the hope of living the dream..than you realise you are living the dream compared to about 90% of the world if not better..so you take the bad with the good and get on with it..always remembering to stop once in a while..to hang back and smell the roses..

I think living life is about being pro-active and doing things like meeting up with friends or going on trips. Its also about living outside comfort every so often. About doing something you would not normally do

Keep breathing. And try to perk up and take an interest in your surroundings.

A term that is usually saying your doing the things they make life worth living, things that bring joy.

Everyday life is pretty mundane. Trying to make it into something it's not is a recipe for dissatisfaction. Accepting it as it is, is a recipe for contentment.

I aspire to relative contentment. A good friend and I coined the term while singing “Green is my fav-rit co-ler”

There's a very old saying, "Live your life as if every day was your last day."

Open mind. Like religion-believe it when I see it

I also find that gratitude helps define a life that is neither perfect, nor ordinary. Everyone has a story.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:155035
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.