Agnostic.com

7 0

This point system really sucks. Why would you do that if you are interested in connecting people. Almost like a class system.

Sailor 3 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's super easy to level up the first few levels, and all it takes is a little participation in the forums, adding a few photos to your profile, etc. I think you can message other people at level two, which takes all of 10 or 15 minutes to attain. It's a fun way to keep people engaged early on, too, sort of like achievements, and once you get to level five you really stop thinking about the point system much at all.

I don't think we're looking at Black Mirror's Nosedive,
[imdb.com]

There's no harm done. It's an icebreaker to encourage people to participate.

Sailor,I can see your point of view,it is why I joined Agnostic.com but I can see their point of view as well,by having this point system it encourages members to be more active within the membership through greater participation.

I do not mind the point system. It helps keep trolls and other bullies away. It controls who can message you. It also helps the Admin, by having upper tiers help with comment and post approval.

I do mind the way people use it as a popularity contest. It has became worse, the more people we have join us. But most things are turned into something they are not meant to be.

I do agree that after 7 it is a rough slog to level up. Hang in there, ya know, slow and steady and all that crud.

Agree!

It allows us to have a 100% free site while avoiding floods of fake accounts. It is also to help people identify active members. Perhaps think of it like karate belts?

Admin Level 8 Jan 15, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15510
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.