Agnostic.com

27 1

What old video games do you still play ?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I still play Doom. I never thought back in the day I would be able to play it on my phone.

Always...DOOM. Doom has stood the test of time. I never tire of shot-gunning Imps.

Once in a while, but not regularly. I actually have a ROM machine on my laptop, but it's not exactly the same. I think my 2 favorite games growing up were Super Mario Brothers and Zelda. I used to beat SMB over and over and find new worlds and harder levels and secret entrances. I could play it all day. Same thing with Zelda. I think Zelda was my favorite though. It was an open world just like the newer ones today like Grand Theft Auto, without the obvious better graphics. I still haven't beaten the whole game of Zelda to this day. I remember that game used to frustrate me as well as make me happy. I remember trying to save games sometimes and the tehcnology would screw up leaving me mad that all my progress was gone lol

Oldest game I still play is Nerverwinter Nights 2. Up until a couple of years ago I had an arcade game I built with over 1000 coin-op games running on MAME. Was a nice setup with a very nice controller panel. Had 3 joysticks, multiple buttons for each, spinner knob, trackball, and side buttons for PinMame games. Gave it to my daughter.

I never played video games.

jet set willy and manic miner

Tropics 4 and Sims 3.

Microsoft Flight Simulstor ever so often.

I play RBI baseball against a buddy every time I see him. That came out in '86

Spider solitaire.

Breath of Fire 1, 2, and 3. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. God of War. A few others. Mostly old school RPG’s.

It’s pretty hard to adjust a game into working position at this point but I still get this puppy fired up on some Mario or Turtles II: the arcade game, Zelda, Batman, spy hunter etc occasionally. I’ve got a 17 year old runescape account still that I go back and revive once every few years. I’m pissed though; they had given away my screen name to someone else last time I logged in. Bastards. Id like to get another N64; I’d play the shit out of some starfox and banjo kazooie.

While cleaning out and restoring my childhood home I reunited the NES with the original TV and cabinet it was hooked up to lol. Once I rennovate the den I’m gonna set it up retro late 80s/early 90s style like it was growing up haha.

Atari Adventure & Startropics

Legacy of Kain series and SMT3:Nocturne.

The legacy of Kain series was one of my favorites.

I never liked video games. Space Invaders, bleh. Pac Man, bleh. The newer stuff is even worse. If we are talking about games you can play in a bar, then I prefer pool, or darts, or pinball.

@maturin1919
Back in the day, the video games that I mentioned were found in bars and pizza parlors. Most people had no other way to play. Kind of like how it still is with pinball. 🙂

Nethack

@RaulPerez very classic! Lol

I still play Galaga!

@MFAtheist me too! When I can find the video game somewhere I will play it! Had it on. PlayStation but my daughter took it with her when she moved out!

Mostly the games that I played as a teen: gta vice city, gta 3, gta san andreas, Demon’s souls (although this hasn’t really hit the ten year mark, but it’s just such a great game from 2009!). I can go further back to my n64 days a kid: 007 golden eye, star fox 64, star wars shadow of the empire, star wars rogue squadron, super mario 64. I gaurentee there are more but that’s all I can think of now.

My favorites have always been turn-based 4X strategy games. Favorites include Master of Orion 2 and the Civilization series (favorites are Civ 2, Call To Power, and Civ 4: Colonization). I would still be playing Sid Meier's Gettysburg, but it absolutely positively does not work on Windows 10.

I have a retron 3 ( plays Sega, NES, & SNES), as well as the Sega Genesis classic with 40 classic game's built in, and a TurboGrafx 16, and N64.

Mostly I play a ton of Dr Mario, and Tetris ( I have the Tengen version actually). Sometimes I get in the mood for platformer games and play some Sonic or Mario, or something. Also a huge Zelda fan, Majora's Mask being my favorite.
And in the arcade I play MK3U.

Grew up on Sierra adventure games and Tetris

I have an emulator on my PC with 1000 classic games from the original NES to the PS2.

I've been playing World of Warcraft for about 10 years now. But every now and then I like to have some fun on the retro stuff. Legend of Zelda series is one of my favorites.

None.
Go out into the real world.

1830 - The DOS version of the old Avalon Hill Board Game. I admit, technically, this is a video adaptation (with AI) of a board game, but it still is a "video game" in my mind.

I rarely play video games, but I really like Mario games.

I still play the Diablo series of games. The classic Diablo was a joy with the atmosphere and addictive gameplay. It was initially a turn-based game, but the takeover by Blizzard Entertainment came with the command to change the rules to real-time action and add a multiplayer mode. It's worth admitting that someone made a great decision at the time. One of the creators, David Brevik, immediately removed the turn-based mode. It only took him 48 hours. This moment was the birth of a new genre - action RPG. Even now, many yesgamers play Diablo. Maybe you have heard about this game before.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:155528
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.