Agnostic.com

97 4

Would you want a Christian God to be real?

Ever lasting life in heaven under Yahweh Jesus and the holly ghost. Or is existenceless a more desirable end to life?

paul1967 8 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

97 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dan Barker wrote a book called “God: The Most Unpleasant Character in All Fiction” in which he went through god’s attributes as laid out in “The God Delusion” by Richard Dawkins word by word.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

So of course not and besides it would be a boring hell.

gearl Level 8 Oct 29, 2017

And he came up with the platypus. What the fuck was he thinking? Left over parts?

Absolutely not. The Christian god is petty, spiteful, malicious, and cruel and idiotic. For example, if a god had the opportunity to create just ten rules that were to be the highest and most important rules of all why put in rules against working on Sunday or against lying but fail to put in rules against slavery, rape, molesting children, torture, or starting wars. The Christian god has some really stupid priorities.

Not to say that I believe the bible to be fact but there are a lot more then just ten laws stated in the bible there is a hole book of them it is caled Leviticus which means the law and most of them are just BS

No, according to the "bible", he killed more people than Lucifer did, if anyone's evil it's him. if he cares so much then why are little children left to suffer and cry in silence, and why are innocent animals left to die on the street with their underfed young. This is not the actions of goodness, but of disregard and neglect.

1. If this God is anything like the petulant, angry, vindictive god of the Bible, then no.
  2. 80 years of life (If I get that far) will be more than enough life for me.
Dylan Level 5 Oct 18, 2017

Imagine a god giving your life meaning. I think that would be the life of a pawn.

Considering the contradictory actions and commandments, I think a Christian god would be sadistic and cruel, being amused by the anguish caused by his actions.... So NO. It would be a terrible thing!

Not the god of the bible. That character is a terrifying, hypocritical tyrant. I wouldn't want to spend eternity being ruled by that!

The childish, immoral,firstborn killing entity from the bible? Are you kidding? NO!
Why is "existenceless" a negative? You didn't exist before you were born, why exist after you die? Lead a good life, do good deeds and leave a good legacy. Make the world a better place for those who follow - that should be enough.

from what I learned he is a colossal ass, serial killer with giant ego

No l don’t want the Christian god to be real. The Bible writers made him out to be a mean bully. No thanks.

Jesus on the other hand might be cool to hang with, but again I don’t trust what’s in the Bible..

CS60 Level 7 Oct 15, 2017

I don't like spending time with the boring hypocrites now. I don't want to spend eternity with them.

Absolutely NOT.

If real, I have no choice but to conclude that such God is a sadistic sociopath.

Oh hell no. Way too vindictive, misogynistic, impulsive, contradictory. And then I see the rest of your question and have to wonder if the troll is trolling. "Everlasting"? Ever heard of the concept of entropy?

Lol you have to be kidding, right? I'd rather deal with the universe and life in general than deal with the Christian God. At least with the universe, it is not out to get you on purpose. Christian God on the other hand was just cruel from page one of the bible that delt with the creation story. He set Adam and Eve up to fail, considering he's all knowing.

I would not want a Christian God to be real because my impression of that God is that he is a real a-hole. It's possible that your statement about everlasting life isn't dependent on the existence of a Christian God. Christians might have everything wrong. There might be everlasting life without god, and there might be oblivion even with God. Being agnostic, I'm equally open to any possibility.

hell no he is a complete asshole

Goodness NO. He's just plain mean.

Hell no!! all puns intended

No - he seems to be a hateful, vengeful sort, intent on keeping his flock in line with continual guilt.

No, HE's a psychopath!

Hell no, the god in the bible is a blood thirsty being, especially in the old testament.

In the Words of Christopher Hitchens: "A kind of Celestial North Korea"....where you spend all your days worshipping and praising your dear leader...what kind of existence is that???

I've often wondered if all the biblical nonsense were correct, I'm pretty sure the Christians are backing the wrong horse. Lucifer probably saw the evil in God and rebelled against him. Perhaps hell is the place you go for an existence worth living and Heaven is the place you go to become a zombie, or an oblivious automaton with one thought in your head, worship the dear leader.

The Christian god is a tyrannical monster. I would not choose to worship a petty, jealous, vindictive deity even if I knew for certain that it were real. Heaven would be a moot point to me.

Honestly, with your poor spelling and very simplistic concept, you seem like a Christian troll.

JimG Level 8 Nov 14, 2017

No. I am holding out for a benevolent deity.

No. Not if the bible is any indication of the god he is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1557
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.