Agnostic.com

21 7

Greetings everyone,

I am looking for music that is inspired by Atheism or Agnosticism. I am really moved by music and just want to listen to more artist like this. I'm very into metal too if there are more. I love All That Remains and their song "Indictment." It's awesome.

I also like songs like "Seems Uncertain" by 311. My favorite verse is this one:

"Your denomination should be a private thing. How about a spirit for all human beings. How could something well guided turn out to be divisive? Mostly wondering. It seems uncertain..."

This was the song that got me to move more to Agnosticism while listening to it.

Check it out. It's pretty calm and relaxing.

Thanks for your responses in advance! I'd love to listen to more artists!

Cat

CatiValti23 6 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tim Minchin. He's a comedian but his stuff is still pretty deep. Speaks to me, hopefully speaks to you.

If you like christmas(maybe even if you don't)

Beat me to it, love the Minch

I agree, Tim Minchin is awesome!

Rage Against the Machine: "In the Name Of". John Lennon's "Imagine". Two songs that come to mind for me.

I'm a big fan of Shelley Segal. Her song "I Don't Believe In Fairies" is a favorite of mine.

Sethy Level 4 Jan 15, 2018

Judith, by A Perfect Circle. The song is addressing Maynard's, same lead singer from Tool, mom.

Source:

I love their song Magdalena and Blue. They have a nice sounds.

I like him better in A Perfect Circle although there are a few songs from Tool I like.

I don't have any good recordings right now, but i just got an old metalcore / melodic death metal band of mine back together. Literally first practice in a year was tonight, lol. As soon as we get some decent recordings, i'll send em your way.

Hi CatiValti23,
listen to the song by John Lennon of the Beatles fame called "Imagine" John Lennon was an Athiest and a great song writer.another good song by the Beatles is the Long and Winding Road.

Posted this one here a few times, but Steven Wilson's, Deform To Form A Star is my personal favorite on the topic of atheism....

JimG Level 8 Jan 15, 2018

Did someone say metal? \m/
"The passion of the Christ
The greatest of all lies"

"Die for Christ, die for Allah, die for Jerusalem, die for Torah Father and son marching in rhythm Firing bullets through the skulls of the children Holy war, holy war We will all die for nothing We will all die for nothing"
"Look to the sky On judgement day A human God That was man-made So we lie"
And there's plenty more where that came from!

Ooooh I looooooove ALL these!!! Metal <3 Oh I melted while listening to them. Thank you SOOOOOO much! I'm just able to listen to some of these.

Look for Melody Sheep on Youtube, who has done some interesting astronomy/cosmology stuff. Not rock, but as a classical musician I like it.

I love this song for that! I don't know if it's intended to be an Athiest/Agnostic song but if you listen to the lyrics I can't imagine that it's not about turning against religion. It's definitely not metal but the lyrics are great for athiests and agnostics.

Source:

I'll add this to my spotify. We need more of this,music can be like food, something that we can all agree with as humans.

Nice. I've heard of Christian music, never even thought that non-Christian music would be a thing. It's good.

Just letting you all know. I'll listen to your songs little by little. 🙂 Thank you for these suggestions!!

I don't know if this qualifies. Patty's song are laced with religious references and overtones but I love her.

I have posted 8 songs in the past two weeks which I tagged as either #FreethoughtSong and/or #AtheistSong. Two of the songs were metal (to which I also applied the tag #Metal), and two of them were hard/heavy rock (to which I also applied the tag #Rock.)

Jesus, he knows me - Geneisis - Good British satirizing the Evangelicals greed for $

Ain't necessarily so ...... By muddy waters, I think

its not metal, but...

According to religious people, any song not about God or isn't a worship song, is unacceptable. Or its from heathens or....what the fuck-ever.

So ya might as well include Woody Guthrie, John Philips Sousa, Frank Sinatra, Glen Miller, ...and just about every song ever written.

twill Level 7 Jan 16, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15573
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.