Agnostic.com

57 6

What is your favorite kind of dog ?

Wildgreens 8 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

German Shepard!!!!!

Golden retriever, black lab, or mutt of similar disposition. But I like most dogs, so it's not a big deal to me — just not too high strung or yappy.

A friendly one. Character is more important than appearance - though I have to admit I like a dog to have a decent length of nose, so pugs, etc go down the list!

I agree 100%. I've had many, many dogs. Never been into the smashed face look, but I insist my dogs are friendly. If they don't come to me that way we work on it until they are friendly with everyone.

Collies and Huskies are my favorite breeds. I plan on having one or both when I am able to, with the money and space to accommodate them.

None. I like cats. Only cats. I find dogs annoying. Sorry, I know you dog owners will hate me.

I am a 'cat person' too.... I had a Norwegian Elkhound for 15 years that I loved (she passed away in Sept. 2016....lived a year past her breed age)....so I don't dislike dogs....but I prefer the company of cats (I have 2).

Golden Retreivers and Black Labs. Both breeds are highly intelligent, outgoing and loyal and they have infinite patience with children.

Jack Russell terrier

I had a Jack Russell for years, loved her dearly.

All my best dogs were mutts. Brutus was a big sweetie who looked exactly like a German Shepard but was all black with a white chest. Charlie was part Poodle but had crazy long legs and was epically clumsy. I still live dogs but I've switched to cats. Hitch, (pics in my profile) named after Hitchens of course; is the lord of all pussydom.

I have a pug and a black lab that are both great dogs.

Cats are best, but among dogs it'd be a German Shepherd - nice size, intelligent and best of all, those big fluffy ears.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

Russian Caucasian loyal and protective just expensive.

Never have a favorite kind to me are like humans from different cultures. In the 70's when I worked in an advertising agency there was an advertising why a common dog was the best dog and it listed 28 different attributes that were tops in other breeds. Very convincing ad. If I were to own one, has to be big dog. But the last boxer with my daughter destroyed my apartment. He imitated a little peki-poo that will come running and jump into the ottoman. His jumping into the ottoman destroyed the damn thing. He was kind of too much energy to not be clumsy. I am babysitting my sister's 3 chihuahuas all ladies. 3 different sizes. the little blonde, the fat girl and the lone wolf alpha female. They adore me and so do I but I don't know if I want to become a slave to something all by myself. Cindy, Bella, Mia and their NYC cousin Angie.

Cute x4! I just got my first Chi, love her. I've never had a dog under 30 lbs before. Dete (Slovenian word for baby) weighs 8 lbs. She is so fun and loving. And she doesn't know she is little, she takes on my big dogs with no fear!

@Ktcyan They are like that... big mouths and those 4 are 4 personalities, each different.

Aesthetically, I love the Irish Wolfhound. But personality wise I'm more of the Old English Bulldog. And I know breed doesn't determine personality, but it does effect it.

you know I like all dogs and I have had quite a few in my life but the one I come back too is the shar-pei. I have 2 brother shar-pei at the moment and lost there mum just over a year ago. I also had one from about 1995

All things being equal and accommodations available, I’d go with Labs or Golden Retrievers.

All of them.

Alsation/German shepherd. I got one for my kids when they were small and he grew up with them.
He's passed now but it was a privilege to have had him in our lives.

There's only one dog I like: my cousin's Maltese. I think it's mostly because he reminds me of a cat.

Alaskan malamute, by miles. Then Kurdish kangal.

The ones on my lap right now...both rescue mixes

Golden retriever. I got one in 1996, the baby was 4. Best brother my kids ever had. Smart and I loved training him.

My wifes dogs. Terriers.

While I have never "owned" a dog, I do love them. I am particularly fond of Pomsky (Pomeranian/husky mix), Corgi's, Pomeranians, Chihuahuas and Whippets though all these may not be appropriate for my allergy. I have an allergy to dog fur but can tolerate dog hair, so when I was young my parents had an Airdale. It was a huge dog, but I loved it.

corgis and border collies are great, buy mutts are usually the best. like most of us.

Pitbull.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15633
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.