Agnostic.com

17 14

What a relief. Just found this site, read a few posts, and instantly felt "normal". I'm so tired of feeling like a freak for being sane! I'm glad to have found you all. 🙂

suesue2222 5 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hello. I recently found this site as well. As my favorite band, Type O Negative once said... "Who will save the sane?" I guess that would be us. I've grown up in the springs and I must say it's been challenging at times. I still love this place though,schizophrenic as it is at times.

I'm stealing that quote, "So tired of feeling like a freak for being sane."

Welcome to the, uh, sane asylum. We're all "normal" here. 🙂

it's all good

@BlueWave - Unfortunately, we have a bunch of religious groups' national headquarters here. New Life megachurch is here. On top of that, we are surrounded by military shit...Fort Carson, NORAD, Peterson AFB, Shriever AFB, and the Air Force Academy.

Aside from that, it's a great area to live. I actually live in Manitou Springs, which is a small funky haven just to the west. If not for Manitou, I'd be long gone! Very scenic and lots of things to do.

Welcome!!! 🙂

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the party!

Normal? That's awesome. I wonder what that feels like. 😉

Welcome to a freethinker's community.

You live in one of my favorite parts of the country. I was surprised recently to learn that Colorado Springs is pretty red, which presumably means it is also bathed in religion. Is that accurate?

In any event, I know your pain. I am in Louisiana and I am one of only two avowed atheists that I know personally. I've been here nine years. Just this weekend, my new neighbor, my co-worker/friend and I were making a huge pot of chili at my house. During conversation (that included a lot of Catholic/mass references), when I declared I was atheist, she half-jokingly asked if it was safe to be in my house. Sigh......

I agree with you about the feeling "normal."

Welcome... 🙂

I’d belonged to several regional or local ‘atheist groups’ where you could find occasional sanity, but not on a daily basis. Be careful, though, when straying beyond religious topics, it can become quite typical ~

Varn Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

Glad you joined us!

mzee Level 7 Jan 16, 2018

welcome

Welcome and enjoy!
We are all a bit freaky here... in our own "special" way lol
😉

Welcome to the community.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15646
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.