Agnostic.com

30 1

How do you deal with pain?

I have 2 surgeries on my back both my knees have had the meniscus repaired. Arthritis has set in. Arthritis has a wickedness to it that sometimes Jedi mind trick just does not work on the pain. I do not like narcotics or cannabis. I can get high on just plain being lucid my imagination is that strong. I sometimes use the capsaicin trick to release dopamine. Tens unit just makes my nerve buzz and hurt. Looking for other solutions and ideas.

azzow2 9 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Eating an anti inflamatory diet should help

THC can be magic for pain. Also yelling explatives really loud. CBD oil is being investigated for bone healing properties. Juries are still out on much of this, but early results look interesting.

I have chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN) in my hands and feet from chemotherapy treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma (in remission since August 2017). It causes both numbness and pain, and limits my functioning. Right now I'm on two pain meds which help manage some of the pain (non-narcotic -- I will not take opioids, besides their addictive characteristics, they don't really help), and I'm in OT/PT to learn ways to exercise and function, because chances are this won't go away, or go away entirely or quickly, and I need to learn how to live with this. I've tried other meds, natural remedies, acupuncture, and cannabis, none of them worked. At this point it's been more about learning to manage it and live my life than trying to make it go away. I also take anti-depressants and do mindfulness practices, which help a lot with the psychological aspects.

Take Boswellia, take a good Omega 3 essential Fatty acid product. A safe one to recommend is by BioticsResearch optimal omega 3s, take Standard Process OstrophinPMG and Calcifood Wafers for bone support. You also need to avoid all grains, especially wheat, rye and barley.

Take CBD . I take and recommend Designs for Health Cannabomega

I take Krill oil every day.

Be very careful with your knees and consult a doctor perhaps but yoga and an ice cold blast in the shower for as long as I can stand it help me a lot in addition to herb. my injuries aren’t quite as accute as yours, no surgeries but I’ve got a dashboard knee from a wreck and some pulled back muscles, mild scoliosis and sciatica. generally most of it boils down to poorly aligned, tense hips causing problems above and below so that’s what I’ve been working on. Any way you can find to alternate heat and cold on your back will probably help, although I presume if you’ve had surgeries it’s a slipped, fused, or herniated disc problem and not musculature? I would say look up some relaxing yin yoga for elongating the spine might be nice. It uses very little effort and mostly puts you in a position where gravity will do the work.

I do a lot of Tai chi helps, for some reason, I keep pulling muscles in my upper back must be overcompensating. I have a fusion that has a polymer cage in L5 S1.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:156862
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.