Agnostic.com

18 2

Where were you first employed?

My first job as a teen was being a program manager over 24 men for the Rainbow Cleaning System. I scheduled and confirmed their appointments, took care of their paperwork and made cold calls. Hated it.

MyLiege 7 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First 'real' job (other than pet sitting and lawn mowing) was as a Little League umpire. Yes, it was every bit as terrible as you might imagine! [Dare I say that the job was....foul?]

oh groan!! lol

As a teenager, I worked summers as a farm laborer, harvesting tobacco -- hot, dirty, dawn to dark work for low pay.

At 14 I was a stockboy in a liquor store.....you don't think there could be a problem with that, do you?......

jasen Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

Haha and a tester....

I was employed by the fake media to deliver its news door to door. Not really, the media isn't fake - not all of it at least.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 16, 2018

As a high school junior I spent a whole summer working in the University of Puerto Rico in an office. Prior I carried groceries from a supermarket to support my model building hobby. A woman hired me to clean around her house but my grandma did not let me do it. Maybe she just wanted to protect me at the time.

Worked at the snack bar in a roller rink.

Installing HVAC doing ducks demolition still have scars from sheet metal and duct tape bandages. Got freon in my eyes first time, I plugged in a vacuum regulator. This old freon the stuff that is very expensive today can't remember the exact R rating R22 and R12 come to mind.

15 years old, washing dishes and cleaning in a bakery. My first job with a w-4. Best benefit was all the free donuts I wanted, so long as I ate them there.

First job out of college-1st yr marriage-cash office at Ames Dept Store, Teacher at Monadnock Community Day Care Center, and cocktail waitress at The Lodge-which burnt down to ground one night.

At the company my father owned. And the old slave driver made me work my fingers to the bone for every penny, too!

Jnei Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

I was a teen as well and I worked at Sentry Drugs (no longer exists). I started as a stockboy and worked up to a cashier/weekend manager.

Grading fruit at a packing house when I was 15.

Disney World. I sold balloon balls. Heard every "balls" joke possible.

In a butchers

Lots of kid type jobs, cleaning, lawn mowing, 1st pay cheque type job was packing groceries at Woolworths.

Deli counter londis supermarket camberley england

Age 5 daddy business any thing my little hands and big mouth could copy

My first real job after babysitting neighborhood kids was in a forms printing plant. Due to a major fuck up they company needed some cheap labor to hand collate a 7 part NCR order form for Labybug. I got the job thru the dad of a family I was babysitting for, it was a nice step up pay wise.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15708
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.