Agnostic.com

5 2

Do you know anybody that refused medicine to a family member?

I knew a guy that chose religion over medicine and almost killed a family member. His wife divorced him because he was stupid tbis way. Have you met someone like this?

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had a friend who, as an adult, chose death over medication because his religion, Christian Science as I recall, told him sickness was an illusion caused by lack of faith. He proved he had the faith, but also that his religion lied to him. RIP Ritchie.

skado Level 9 Jan 16, 2018

They are asd holes...

I was friends with a young man that was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident and his parents refused to allow him to have a blood transfusion because they were Jehovah's Witnesses. He died.

gearl Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

Damn...

Those people are so ignorant, medican saves thousand of people. For the few that get messed up to many positives comes from medicine.

My ex didn't want my daughter to be treated for ADD. Didn't want her to be controlled by a drug. She still needs it-scattered can't focus.

I used to live with a christian scientist. They believe in practitioners and the power of prayer. I told her I get sick, take me to the VA hospital or any hospital. You get sick I call your practitioner and your church first reader. Neither of us got that sick. Unless is death threat I don't take medicines, not even aspirin for headache. I tough it out. I don't do vaccines. But I won't deny medical treatment to those in need.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15718
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.