Agnostic.com

13 1

Do you have a pet?

I want to get a dog. I had to put down my 15 year old Chihuahua last year and it’s time.

Who here has pets? Are you a dog person, cat person, or something else person? Share the breed and what do you love most about them? Pics appreciated.

ArtfulBliss 5 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Currently, I have a lovely bird that brightens up my days with its chirps and antics. As for dogs, I've always been a dog person. Their loyalty and companionship are unmatched. Each breed has its own charm, but I've always been fond of Golden Retrievers for their friendly nature and playful demeanor. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics to share, but I'd love to see photos of everyone else's furry friends!
Also, I recently got myself a hamster and have been diving into articles on hamster care. It's been quite enlightening learning about their unique needs. If you're interested, you might find this link helpful: [hamsternow.com]

I have two cats and a dog, all rescue animals. The dog is an English Cream Retriever (type of golden retriever) and one cat is a tabby and the other is a -haired ginger. They all are super friendly.

Two black cats that were born on Halloween. I make them cross the paths of the superstitious.

We are a cat household. Whenti comes to dogs, it reallyisnt' fair to have a dog if you dont' have a lto of time to spend with it. Dogs were bred to be campanions, and leaving them alone for long periods is miserable for them.

With cats however, you don't need to be around all of the time. They are happy to jus lay by themselves in the sun all day, or spend the day chasing flies in the windows. They also purr, and make nice lap warmers. Teh down side is that they will walk across your keyboard if they want attention. They are demanding when they want attention, but they don't require as much as dogs do.

I've been fascinated with animals ever since I was a kid. I love them so much that--over 20 years ago--I realized I should stop eating them.

I've had a LOT of pets over the years: birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians, insects, and mammals. Currently, I have a dog. He was a stray in Makati (Philippines) when we met on New Year's Eve 2011. He followed me home, no one came looking for him, and in 2014 I took him with me when I migrated to California.

This is my baby:

My cat Hobo allows me to have him as a pet. As soon as he can figure out how to open cans on his own, I will be dismissed.

I've had Dogs off and on for many years, mostly big ones like German shepherds,and Saluki's,last year my late wife brought home a small black Dog she found,I thought it was a Lab puppy,but it was full grown.At the beginning or of marriage,she had 4 cats, but they slowly went away,disease,hit by a car or just vanishing.

No, but the neighbor dogs love me.. And I pet them. ..and brush them, and give them treats ..and encouragement … and take them on walking/ hunting adventures.

Varn Level 8 Aug 19, 2018

Rent a Pet....I like that. That would work for me! 😀

@patchoullijulie We’ve this crazy law in my adopted rural county that allows dogs to run free … and when they’re not getting into trouble or hit by cars.. they’re guarding the neighborhood! They love to watch me work - and I love to watch them play 😉

@Varn I just love dogs. I won't have one because I would want the dog to have a large space to be a dog in. But the minute I strike it rich 😕 a farm will be my first purchase and then a dog or two or three........😀

@patchoullijulie Me, too.. I’ve had two dogs (in adult life), the first like ‘a first child.’ The last, killed by a bear on my former property in the woods left me wondering ..WTF… It’s a tricky balance giving them the life they deserve. Was pulling weeds last weekend ..as one of my neighbor dogs rolled belly-up in the fresh mowed grass. I’d love one … but won’t do anything if I can’t do it right..

@Varn Yep I agree. I get to play with the dogs that come to the store that I work in. We have a few regulars. That's where I get my dog fix. 😀

Cat....name Oscar......he hates people! Other people I mean, he loves me but hides when anyone visits. I think some of my friends think he is my imaginary friend!

Cats are funny, hiding from people they don't know well,it takes a lot of effort to gain the skittish cat's trust.My late Brother had two Cats from the same litter,one was friendly,the other was always under or behind something.

I have a pet hate if you would like to know what it is.

Had a Shih Tzu for 17 years. A nice dog, would recommend getting 1.

No, my twins are pretty sensitive to pet dander.

I've had almost every kind of animal for a pet:

1. horses..Arab, mustangs, Akhal Teke, American white, Standardbred, 5-gaited, racking, Tennessee Walking horses, mixed gaited breeds, Haitian mustangs, miniature racking horse
  2. racking mule
  3. llama
  4. parrots of many species..African gray species, conure species, Amazon species, lovebirds species, cockatiel species, etc.
  5. canaries of several breeds
  6. finches of several species-also fancy pigeons like owls, rollers, etc.
  7. a number of species of fish
  8. many breeds of dog..many types of terriers, Australian cattle dogs, border collie, German shepherd, dachshund, Haitian crab-eating dog, Yorkies, etc.
  9. exotic birds here in Thailand..an Asian fairy-bluebird I illegally kept on my apartment balcony and it flew around my apartment, following me everywhere.
  10. many species of snake, frogs, turtles

Photo:

1. Me and my hand-raised mitred conure, Pandy, at our farm near Morehead, KY
  2. Aguilah, my wild-caught Asian fairy-bluebird. He thought I was his mate; sang to me, flew behind me, perched beside me to watch movies, etc.
  3. Our toy fox terrier, Fergie, playing in the snow with Tupper, our rescue Jack Russell terrier
  4. Me, jumping a log on my TN Walking Horse, Banjo, with my rescue chow mix dog Shaney, near Soldier, KY.
  5. Driving Banjo in the Daniel Boone national forest near Morehead, KY
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:158618
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.