Agnostic.com

9 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm happy at least 90% of the time. I mean truly happy. My blue periods--the 10%-- are normal and productive.

I fake happiness all the time. Sometimes I fake orgasms.

No you don't! Too funny!

So if you get up every morning and tell your self that today is going to be a good day. Over an extended amount of time, you would reprogram your brain. So even if things were not going so well you would find a positive aspect of the day.

Actually, yes. my worst part of any day is when I wake up, I'm usually depressed, even suicidal for a while. Part of my therapy(I have schizoaffective disorder) is that when I have those thoughts, I've tried to use some tools that I've learned to combat that. if you practice something long enough, you will eventually find that it starts to come quite naturally.
Honestly though, it took baby steps for me and a lot of time, So yes, I agree with you yes,you can teach yourself to just that.

That's a relief.

...helpfull to know.Life itself can be a roller-
coaster.

BBJong Level 7 July 20, 2019

I take happiness in small doses and enjoy the hell out of it! The rest of the time I accept life as it is and make the best of it. I have eliminated worry from my life, that makes my days far more relaxed.

Good article! It is nice to be reminded that all feelings are part of our human existence and experiencing each of these things make us well rounded individuals.

This is an amazing and important article. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Hihi Level 6 Aug 19, 2018

You're welcome.

How long should this blue period last?

Good question. And one that I'm not qualified to answer.

Three days and two hours.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:159155
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.