Agnostic.com

14 9

Wouldn’t it be cool to have an agnostic.comCon?

If an agnostic.comCon could visit an area near you, would you go?

There would panel discussions, booths with shared arts, crafts, designs, t-shirts...celebrities like Neil Degrasse Tyson, Penn Jillete, etc.., fact games, board games, card games, all the things!

Would you go? What would you like to see?

MyLiege 7 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Genius Idea! Where do I sign up? I would totally go! So many different types of towns and cities would be great to have them inside or outside. I don't like the Con tag though. Maybe free thought festival or something. I would like to see lots of astromomy, science, technology, music, video, education, fun etc...

We're thinking about going to the American Atheist convention in mid-March in Oklahoma. We'll post something here as soon as have plans.

Admin Level 8 Jan 18, 2018

A few interesting conventions exist.

March 29 – April 1, 2018 at the Sheraton Oklahoma City
[atheists.org]

Not sure when the next one of these will be, [reasonrally.org]

Yes, but they aren't agnostic.comCon people. 😉

That would be wonderful! Are you organizing? Need help? 😀

@Ad4hubby Not sure how to go about that process. I thought it'd be a relatable concept/potential occurrence for people. I imagine an official poll would have to organized, perhaps by @Admin to ensure an accurate count of people willing to participate. As far as the business end, I can only guess what the next step would be.

@MyLiege I have not the time to be a chair or co-chair but if you need help or if @Admin does, ping me 🙂 I'm in!

Great idea! Sounds amazing!

Yeah.

Sounds fun. You know the Flying Spaghetti Monster food-court would be popular. WE COULD DRESS AS RELIGIOUS CHARECTERS, or our favorite NASA or Space X mission!!

OK, think about it, some awesome speakers? performers like Tim Minchin, guided debates.

It most certainly would!

Zster Level 8 Jan 17, 2018

Yeah, That would be interesting.

Oh Ooh... and get Sam Harris to lead us in a peyote ceremony...

Fucken eh! Or at least, a potluck at my place... I'll make the perogies.

All of the above. They're quite yummy.

@Hominid Oh man I love perogies! Spinach and feta cheese ones are my favorite, but that’s the store bought kind...homemade mmmmmm.

Perogies?? I'm in!

What say you @Admin ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15916
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.