Agnostic.com

3 1

A Different Point if View?

Are there any books, shows or movies you view differently now you are an unbeliever in your past religion? If so what are the details of the point of view change?

For example, I used to like Douglas Adams on a purely british humour level but didn’t get the jokes as intended. Now that I’m an unbeliever “42” being the answer and they needed to work backward from it is suddenly so much more hilarious!

JDRay 5 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I now have this picture in my head of a sewing group of blue haired little old ladies. With a stack of 78 records playing them backwards looking for the slightest hint of satanic verbiage to give reason to ban the songs.

Yeah..I stopped watching religious movies and reading religious books decades ago, before I finally decided I was agnostic. I thought they were simplistic, of poor quality, and proselytising.

Wait, wasn’t “42” the answer to the meaning of life in Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:159402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.