Agnostic.com

14 4

Have you had 9 lives or less ? What's your story ?

Wildgreens 8 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to be Shirley McLaine

good one

Last count was 19. when I was 7 would grab hold of a lose electric wird, it tickled was right near the bath, got stuck in a whirlpool when I was like 8-9 nearly drowned , almost choked to death on a shish kabob meat we had just learned the heimlich maneuver a few days prior to that a fellow boy scout applied it to me, Was in a car accident 9-10ish no seat belts flew from back seat cracked windshield, Lighting hit the ground about 6 or 8 inches from my foot was like 11ish, I could go on you get the point how I am still alive.

Dead man talking

I think I have burn through 9 , started on my next hope I have enough left

I have used so many lives that sooner or later I am certain to use my last one. The story would require several volumes.

I have to be on 5 or 6 by now, which makes for a lot of stories. I'll just share one here.
I've been a type 1 diabetic since 1986. In 2005, I changed doctors, and my doctor decided to change what insulin I was taking, putting me on Lantus and Novolog. Lantus, however, does not play well with other insulins- if Lantus is mixed in a syringe with another insulin, the molecules bond and crystallize, nullifying the effects of both insulins. The doc failed to tell me this. After a day or two, I thought I had the flu. I started drinking orange juice, hoping some vitamin C might help (but actually just spiking my bloid sugars even higher). After 4 days, my girlfriend found me comatose on the bathroom floor. She managed to get me to the ER. I soent 3 days in a coma in the ICU, finally regaining consciousness late evening on the third day. The doctors informed me that I was sufferring from extreme ketoacidosis- I had so much sugar in my bloodstream, my blood had gone acidic. They told me I had about a 50% chance of surviving. Somehow, I survived, and with no measureable damage to my kidneys or liver.

Wow

If you lived to tell about it, it doesn't count.

Ever since I walked on water I feel I have unlimited lives

Haven't even had one...

No. It just doesn't smell right.

[9lives.com]

It might be cat dinner... I guess they misspelled it.

I feel a fondness for King Henry VIII. Perhaps I was one of his wives.

Never been back from the dead. So can't say.

Five years in iraq and Afghanistan, 4 'close calls'. Struck by (Edit: struck by lightening) (hit close enough to get zapped) twice. So, no. Only on my 7th life.

1 I work to keep

Just managing the one has nearly killed me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15959
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.